Financial Analyst, Global Programs
|Hiring Organization||Four Seasons|
|Post Name||Undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business Administration|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 35 To CAD 40 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is a global, luxury hotel management company. We manage over 120 hotels and resorts and 47 private residences in 47 countries around the world and growing.
Central to Four Seasons employee experience and social impact programming is the company’s commitment to supporting cancer research, and the advancement of diversity, inclusion, equality, and belonging at Four Seasons corporate offices and properties worldwide. At Four Seasons, we are powered by people and our culture enables everything we do.
We have an exciting Financial Analyst opportunity on our Corporate Finance – Global Programs & Capital Planning team. The Financial Analyst is responsible for managing a portfolio of Global Programs from various corporate departments (IT, Ops Finance, Residential) throughout the budgeting/forecasting process, including business casing and analysis, budget submissions, forecasting, and communications to participating properties and corporate departments.
This role also provides financial oversight and support to department leads and executives including financial planning, forecasting, accruals, invoice processing/reconciliation, and development of reporting to support strategic decision-making.
What You’ll Be doing:
Global Program Budgeting & Forecasting
- Partner with program owners and department leads to support Global Program budget/forecast preparations.
- Allocate program budgets in the property financial system (Focus) in accordance with various allocation methodologies.
- Curate an assigned portfolio of programs within a centralized database to ensure program details accurately reflect the scope of products and/or services within each program.
- Analyze spend-to-date versus budget/forecast to ensure assumptions are up to date based on the latest information.
- Assist with budget/forecast communications to properties and corporate departments.
- Support preparations of review materials and ad hoc analysis for Financial Review Committee (FRC) and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) budget review meetings.
Global Program Billing
- Prepare and process monthly billing runs to participating properties for assigned portfolios of programs.
- Analyze billings-to-date versus budget/forecast
- Prepare quarterly reconciliations of balances to be recovered from properties
Vendor Invoice Processing
- Support vendor invoice processing to ensure invoices are allocated accurately and in accordance with Four Seasons policies.
- Resolve escalations such as vendor inquiries or allocation disputes
- Coordinate year-end accrual process for applicable departmental expenses
Financial Modelling & Ad Hoc Analysis
- Partner with cross-functional project teams to develop financial models
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for various stakeholders including department leads and ELT members
Process & System Improvements
- Review existing resourcing, processes, and systems and make recommendations based on identified areas of improvement
- Support the development and implementation of process and system improvements including a comprehensive multi-year system transformation project
What You Bring:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in FP&A, Financial Reporting, or similar role(s)
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business Administration
- Pursuing or recently designated CPA
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with little supervision both in the office and from home.
- Team player able with proven ability to work effectively with other departments and all management levels.
- Experience working in a cross-functional, supportive capacity.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and navigate through competing priorities throughout the year.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy, in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Moderate financial modeling skills
- Working technical knowledge of IFRS
- Working knowledge of full-cycle accounting
- Experience with a variety of financial systems an asset
- Basic understanding of contractual agreement terms and conditions.
- Project Management skills are an asset
To apply for this job please visit fourseasons.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.