Sandman Hotel Group
Housekeeping Room Attendant
We celebrate Housekeeping Room Attendants as the heart of our hotels. Without you, we simply could not open. Your passion for cleanliness and eagle-eye for detail really help to set us apart, and your commitment to friendly customer service brings our guests back time after time. On top of a competitive compensation package and flexible schedule, we’re committed to your professional development and offer real career growth. We know you’d love to hear about our perks-incredible team rates and discounts at all 7 of our restaurant brands is just the beginning! With over 60 hotels (and growing!) there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We believe that by taking care of our team members, we create a positive atmosphere that benefits both our team members and guests. We want you to love coming to work and also find that working with Northland has a positive influence on your life outside of work.
PERKS FROM DAY 1
- Rewards & Recognition
- Team rates from $59 per night, Family & Friends rates too!
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- Discounted Passes/Lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Ongoing Employee events, incentives & recognition
- Growth Opportunities- Career Advancement starts from Within
- Dedicated Training Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental Health Support, Legal & Financial Counselling
- Refer a friend or family and earn money!
PERKS AFTER 3 MONTHS
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care!
PERKS AFTER 12 MONTHS
- Complimentary Stays
- RRSP Matching
- Milestone Rewards
- Tuition Credit Program
- No education or experience required, we will train one on one
- Ability to follow instruction
- Good communication skills are an asset
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Professional appearance and manners
- Clean rooms according to Sandman Hotels standards
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the correct handling procedures
- Responds to guests and staff inquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt and courteous manner
- Ensures all lost property items left in guest rooms are recorded on the worksheet and handed in to the Supervisor/Manager at the end of the shift
- Ensures all maintenance and safety hazards are promptly reported to the Supervisor/Manager to minimize hazard risk
- Takes personal responsibility for equipment, ensuring it is operated correctly and secure at all times
- Reports any unusual or suspicious persons/activities happening in the area of security to the manager
- Reports any maintenance issues including burned out light bulbs
- Check under bed, drawers, and closet for left behind articles and or trash
- Cleans sink and fixtures and restock all terry, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee and other amenities
- Clean coffee pots when needed, – ensures pots are plugged in
- Arrange furniture following use by guests
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform Laundry tasks when necessary including collect, sort, transport laundry at the beginning of each shift.
- Remove laundry from dryers and fold immediately to prevent wrinkling.
- Stock linen supply room with clean linens for use for next day.
- Laundry to include: bed linens, blankets, Duvets/Comforters, towels & face cloths, and restaurant table linens. At end of day all cleaning cloths will also be washed, dried and folded for housekeeping needs.
- Small mending repairs required as needed.
- Perform Houseperson duties if required.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.