Front Desk Agent
Canopy by Hilton resides within the Lifestyle realm of Hilton Hotels, embodying refined comfort and design, with a sharp connectivity to the neighborhood it calls Home.
Five essential aspects Canopy embraces for total guest experience, include: Energizing Comfort, More Included Value, Surprising Extras, The Just Right Room, and Local Know-How.
Culture is key at Canopy, with team members known as “friendly enthusiasts”, who engage guests, always going above and beyond, to make stays memorable and thoughtful. Relationships with area partners showcase Canopy’s expertise in local know-how, crafting unique experiences tailored for every guest.
Attention to detail and an energetic environment ensures Canopy’s “Positively Yours” service culture is a kept Brand promise, delivering a consistent “positive stay”, where memories are made, and comfort is guaranteed.
Canopy by Hilton Toronto Yorkville is a184-room hotel with one restaurant, street level café, and over 3500 sq ft of meeting space, located in one of the most exclusive and sought-after areas of downtown Toronto, Canada.
What will I be doing?
The Welcome Enthusiast also known as the Guest Services Agent, reporting to the Front Office Manager.
Check-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; process all payments according to established procedures to ensure guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location; prepares for group check in and out and VIP arrivals; becomes informed of events/ functions in the hotel during the shift. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests; promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets; provides guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
Qualifications And Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office area
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.