About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai’s premier lifestyle destination, is located on Jumeirah Beach Road just 15 km from the city centre and 25 km from Dubai International Airport. The 26-floor hotel has a curved design which represents the shape of a breaking wave and offers pristine private beaches with undisturbed views of the Arabian Gulf.
With 599 sea-facing rooms and suites and 19 private villas, as well as 21 restaurants and bars, extensive conference and banqueting facilities, a private marina, Sinbad’s Kids Club, Talise™ Spa, and direct complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark™ for all guests, the hotel continues to redefine the holiday experience.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Jumeirah Beach Hotel is looking to recruit an experienced Hotel Manager with a strong background in the Food & Beverage stream for our flagship hotel in Dubai. This is a critical role, and an exciting time to join the hotel’s leadership team, due to a number of new openings and projects in the pipeline.
Responsibilities are diverse in this expansive luxury resort and the successful candidate will be responsible for the below and more:
- Assist in the execution of the hotel’s business strategy to achieve goals set in the hotel’s Balance Scorecard.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections of the different hotel operations to ensure service excellence is consistently maintained.
- Verify the quality of the products used in the hotel operation on a regular basis.
- Take responsibility for the timely delivery of capital projects to ensure company assets are effectively maintained.
- Encourage and foster teamwork in order to share resources and best practice between departments.
- Ensure health, safety, hygiene and other relevant legislative obligations are fulfilled, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the hotel, guests and colleagues.
- Conduct or chair regular communication meetings with department heads and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Lead the operation in the absence of the General Manager when required.
- Act as Senior Manager on Duty for the hotel as scheduled.
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
- Ensure that each operation is accounted for separately as an individual profit operational budget strictly adhered to.
- Assist the Managing Director to prepare monthly forecasts, annual marketing plans, business review reports as needed.
- Stay up-to date with financial results (budget vs actual) in sales and cost areas and ensure that sales and profit are maximised.
- Control expenses and recommend and implement measures to control them.
- Maintain all hotel records and reports as prescribed by the company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure departmental meetings are well planned, result-oriented and produce effective outcomes.
- Ensure that an effective marketing approach is applied to all operations.
- Fully understand the market needs and desires for each operation and ensure that the relevant products are developed by the management team.
- Be available to meet with guests and help Department Heads deal with discerning or unsatisfied guests, responding to guest complaints in a timely and empathic manner.
- Closely monitor guest feedback, communicate feedback results and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist the Managing Director to recruit and select members of the management team who meet the Jumeirah profile and can deliver Jumeirah core competencies.
- Mentor / coach and provide learning and development opportunities for Department Heads and Managers and encourage them to take responsibility for their own development and growth.
- Manage performance of all direct reports in line with the company policy
- Actively support Jumeirah Emiratisation strategy and ensure local colleagues are given opportunities to learn and grow.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience leading F&B as part of the career journey and a strong working knowledge of all hotel operations including Rooms and other functions.
- Experience with projects, new F&B concepts, successful launches.
- Management qualification from a recognised hotel school or internationally recognised university.
- Evidence of continuous professional and personal development activities.
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior management role in a luxury 5-star hotel resort.
- Experience dealing with and fostering good relations with asset management or owner representatives.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Working with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Combination of operational experience in both Rooms and Food & Beverage.
- Middle East experience.
- Resort experience.
- Proficiency in spoken and written business English.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to manage large and diverse operations.
- Effective Communication Skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.