Reports directly to: Centre Manager
- To help set up the activity areas for the daily program and to help to tidy away at the end of the day.
- To guide children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To maintain awareness of the centre’s aims and objectives.
- To advise the manager of any concerns. eg. about children, or safety of equipment.
- To attend regular staff meetings.
- To communicate with colleagues and children.
- Be aware of and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- The ability to communicate effectively with young children
- Ability to work in a helpful and courteous manner promoting a positive image of the centre
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake a range of tasks in a friendly and efficient manner
- Experience of working in a nursery setting
- Certificate in childcare or relevant experience