Data Warehouse Admin
Your Role and Responsibilities
- DW admin would be responsible for tasks, including, but not limited to, the monitoring and maintenance of DW, installation of DW software patches/upgrades, monitoring of DW backups, standardization and implementation of DW to improve the management of production and test environments, upgradation of versions support users by resolving problems with applications databases.
- Candidate should be well aware of the above activities and should have proven hands-on experience in the same.
What you ll do:
- The candidate would be part of the technical support team and assist in the technical functioning of the application system during the entire enhancement period
- Candidate shall be responsible for installation, configuration, and upgrading of server software and related products, maintaining sound backup and recovery as per policies
How we’ll help you grow:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- You’ll have access to all the technical, management, and leadership training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from sales leaders and senior leadership team
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Should be full-time MCA/M. Tech/B. Tech/B.E. and should preferably have relevant certifications.
- Should have a minimum of 4 years of database/ data warehouse experience with at least 2 years on the solution proposed implemented. Should have a good understanding of UNIX.
- Should have experience in DB2 Database partitioning feature and worked on DW Cluster
- Should have experience working as an admin of an appliance-based DW solution for at least one project where the size of the DW is greater than 1 TB. Should be experienced in activities like instance tuning, schema management, space management, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, data replication, database refresh, etc
- IBM Appliance experience would be preferred
- Will be required to work out of client office in Chennai
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Should be well conversant in English and should have excellent writing, MIS, communication, time management, and multi-tasking skills
To apply for this job please visit www.ibm.com.