Data Analyst Internship
The Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on-demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio, and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
We are looking for talented, energetic, curious problem-solvers who will be a great fit into our fast-moving culture. In turn, we will help you acquire specific skills where needed.
What You’ll Do:
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including 850 live broadcast stations; streaming music, radio, and on-demand via its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, digital auto dashes, tablets, wearables, smartphones, virtual assistants, TVs, and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher globally.
iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics and attribution technology for its marketing partners, using data from its massive consumer base. The Data Analyst intern will bring strong problem-solving and analytical skills and will leverage data manipulation techniques, statistical and machine learning models, and visualization/dashboarding/reporting skills to turn raw data into information and insights, which can be used to make better business decisions.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data from various functional areas using a variety of statistical methods and produce reports to demonstrate the results of statistical analyses in the form of graphs, charts, and tables
- Identify, analyze, and interpret key trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and clean data and develop and implement quality controls and standards for data, model outputs, and reports to meet organizational expectations
- Build, develop, and maintain dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions in ad sales and operations, content programming, consumer insights, music research, pricing optimization, audience attribution, demand, and revenue forecasting, or other areas of the company
- Develop and document organizational content, practices, and objectives
- Communicate complex solutions and ideas to a variety of stakeholders (other team members, IT leadership, and business leaders) in easily understandable language
- Work on several projects as a member of the project team and/or as an individual contributor
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using agreed-upon technology
What You’ll Need:
- Must hold or be currently pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, or a related analytical field with a heavy emphasis on data analysis and statistics.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: testing hypotheses, designing experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience analyzing complex, real-world datasets: cleaning, wrangling, and imputation techniques
- Expertise in statistical methods and familiarity with machine learning and other predictive analytics methods
- Strong SQL skills and ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Expertise in Python or R
- Experience creating reports using R Markdown or Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience creating dashboards using Tableau, R Shiny, or Dash
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills as well as solid communication and presentation skills with technical and non-technical audiences
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.$24.00 – $33.00
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.