Full Job Description
Company descriptionIKEA Supply Middle East (ISME) is a member of the Inter IKEA Group within the core business Range & Supply. ISME’s main task is to supply IKEA Home Furnishing products to specific IKEA franchisees in the Middle East. Additionally, ISME is responsible to operate the IKEA Distribution Center in Dubai, UAE.
What makes IKEA unique, both as a place of work and as a brand, is our shared values and strong culture.
Our culture is based on the spirit of togetherness, give and take responsibility, simplicity, cost consciousness and lead by example. And we are always looking for people who share our positive attitude and values.
Job descriptionPurpose of Job
Provide professional onsite IT support with a high service level to local co-workers. Secure the support for a number of Inter IKEA IT systems and ensure the knowledge is kept professionally up to date about advances in technology.
Secure organizational deliverables according to established Inter IKEA priorities through the development of a competent and high performing organization based on the needs of today and tomorrow. Be the link between central stakeholders and the unit in the country.
Job specific key tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform and manage planned activities, such as IT installations, upgrades, local rebuilds and maintenance activities.
- Take necessary decisions and actions to solve issues, as well as prioritizes issues according to business needs, and know when and how to escalate an issue in the support chain in close co-operation with the Single Point of Contact (Helpdesk) in an efficient and professional manner.
- Secure coordination and follow-up with IT Helpdesk Global regarding all non-resolved incidents
- Perform all daily tasks according to set procedures, rules and guidelines and ensure they are aligned in the organization.
- Provide technical training to end users.
- Act as an ambassador of Inter IKEA values, Inter IKEA IT in the country.
- Maintain and ensure continuous uptime of the onsite IT infrastructure.
- Participate as a resource in projects.
- Respond to IT emergency situations.
- Contribute to the local organization’s IT budget process.
- Responsible for IT security in close co-operation with risk management and information security.
- Manage relationships with Inter IKEA IT, vendors, contractors, service providers and other stakeholders.
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Up to 5 years’ experience working in the IT field, preferably in global organizations.
- Ability to be an IT ambassador in the Distribution Unit by guiding end users and adapting communication to different situations and persons in a simple and user-friendly way, thereby simplifying perceived complexity and structure of IT.
- Ability to share information, knowledge, and experience with colleagues.
- Effective communication skills that can help to build relationships and networks with people across the Organization and external contacts.
- Awareness of change effects and the diverse needs people have in a change process.
- Ability to prioritize and take decisions as well as follow up and communicate progress keeping high professional standards.
- Experience of leading projects and changes.
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.