Assistant Experience Coordinator
Full Job Description
Coordinating the treks of 20,000 trekkers is complex. Coordinating it with the vision, values and culture that we have is what makes it interesting and challenging.
Our operations span the Himalayas, mostly in remote locations where even mobile signal is difficult to come by.
Assistant Experience Coordinators lend integral support to the Experience Coordination Team at India Hikes. Assistant Experience Coordinators are called AECs at our office.
But first, you must understand how we view our trekkers. They are not clients. They, like us, are trekkers. We communicate with them in the same way that one trekker communicates with another. They consult with us as senior trekkers, not as an organization.
These are briefly the Assistant Experience Coordinator’s responsibilities:
- Trekkers and non-trekkers alike are interested in learning everything they can about treks. The first expert consultation is provided by the assistant experience coordinator. Your primary responsibility as an Assistant Experience Coordinator would be to handle trekkers’ inquiries about our treks. Trekkers frequently inquire about the location of a trek, as well as the availability of space in our groups. They want to know which trek to take or if they can bring a friend. Each question is unique, and each question is intriguing.
- Because AECs interact with our trekkers on a daily basis, they are familiar with their pain points and problems. Your role is critical in resolving these issues through content, communication, or process changes. Communication with the rest of the organisation is critical at this point. You are the vital link that connects our trekkers to the organisation.
- In a nutshell, an AEC is Indiahikes’ voice. You communicate the vision and values of Indiahikes to the trekkers. It helps trekkers understand Indiahikes better. It gives them a reason to trek with Indiahikes.
This role is open to Bengaluru-based candidates only.
Salary starts at Rs 3.6 Lakhs per annum for a part-time role and Rs 4.5 Lakhs per annum for a full-time position.
How to Apply
We’re extremely careful about who we select as a part of team Indiahikes. Through the selection process, we want to make sure you are the ‘right fit.
For all positions email
Subject: Working with Indiahikes — (name of position)
Sandhya Chandrasekharayya, is the COO and Co-founder at Indiahikes. Arjun Majumdar is the CEO and Founder of Indiahikes
- Your latest resume (Even if you don’t have a background in trekking, your past work experience matters to us)
- Write a paragraph about ‘why you wish to work at Indiahikes’. A passion for trek and travel is important, but must not be the only reason for you to apply.
- Write another paragraph about your skills and talents that make you suitable for the role.
- If you have any trek experience, mention it in the email.
- Any specific write up or inclusions as mentioned in the role description
A note about your application status
We receive a large number of applications. If you are shortlisted we will write back within seven days, usually quicker. If you do not hear from us within 7 days in all probability your application has been rejected. You can, of course, remind us again in case you feel you are a right fit for Indiahikes.
Note: Sometimes applications get rejected because they have not followed the complete application process as mentioned in “How to Apply” above. Applications also get rejected when it is too much about themselves (a lot of passion for trekking, travel but not much else).
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.