IPEX by Aliaxis
IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Production Supervisor. This role is based in our Edmonton Plant and will report to the Production Manager.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a diverse group of people-centric professionals, thought leaders and rapid thinkers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters!
The Production Supervisor will leading the Production, Grinding, Set Up and Blending teams to continuously improve performance in safety, quality and productivity while developing talent and implementing and supporting LEAN operating principles. They will focus on enhancing productivity output using raw materials, ensuring safety, environmental waste conservation & efficient resource consumption to achieve plant goals. Furthermore, the successful candidate will ensure that the products produced & shipped are of the highest quality while following production timelines, HSE practices & methods as instructed, while carrying out & adhering to all elements of the M.O.S.
- Establish and grow a culture where Safety is a core value through implementing and ensuring adherence to plant health, safety and environmental procedures always to secure a safe and efficient workplace
- Assist Production Supervisor-1 in overseeing the day to day Production, Grinding, Blending and Set Up activities in the plant to maintain a high level of productivity and quality by ensuring all operators are stationed at required machines and procedures are followed
- Sustain, implement, and continually improve the 5S program
- Ensure that daily operations are running in accordance with the priority schedules of orders and to align with both customer and company standards safely and efficiently, collaborating closely with other departments and troubleshooting when necessary
- Supervise & schedule assigned shift production employees, leading all aspects of performance in safety, environmental waste & resource consumption, product quality, production output, and cost control; employee relationships; and effectiveness of communications relevant to shift performance and the attainment of plant goals
- Assist in preparing operating reports to summarize production, downtime and variance performance by machine and shift in the production area (i.e. end of shift report). Performs regular process observations and conducts root cause analysis for variances
- Monitor quality of output and take appropriate action, including shutdown of process, to prevent or limit production of off-grade material. Conducts, and assists others in conduct of, investigations to determine causes of quality defects
- Establishes assigned production goal at start of shift. Assign personnel and determine use of machines to achieve this goal. Arranges for flow of raw material and finished product. Monitors progress during shift and take corrective action
- Participates in the development of specifications for services, equipment, products, supplies, and substitute materials
- Attends internal product development meetings to identify new product demands, schedules, and procurement needs
- Assign housekeeping tasks to maintain production area in a neat and orderly condition. Cooperates with other shift supervisors in housekeeping endeavours. Prepares production area for housekeeping inspections and serves, as assigned, on inspection teams
- Monitor product quality, determining how much scrapped product can be sent to regrind or for re-use, as needed
- Monitor departmental waste source separation and pay particular attention for new ways to save on waste conservation & resource consumption
- Act as Back-Up Supervisor to other departments (i.e. Blending, Grinding/Yard, Set Up, Quality Control, maintenance, & support) during off shifts (i.e. night shift & weekends) and handle performance as per Production Supervisor-1’s directions
- Proactively monitor the MES data management system to ensure accuracy and effective information
- Performs necessary administrative functions related to the position as per the directions of Production Supervisor-1
- Review Operator Trainee Logbook with new hires and work with Training department to ensure training is completed
- Provide relief coverage for the role during the absence of the Production Supervisor-1
Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of a College or University Degree preferred, ideally in mechanical or industrial engineering
- Minimum 2-3 years supervisory experience in a production plant environment
- Technical understanding of production planning techniques, basic understanding of quality management standards, lean manufacturing, and safety requirements/laws (ISO 9001, Six Sigma, 5S, etc.)
- Solid understanding of plastic injection moulding
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of ERP and MES systems
- Excellent leadership, problem solving & trouble shooting skills.
- Able to coordinate and prioritize multiple responsibilities at the same time
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong time management and organization skills and able to deal with varying levels of complexity
IPEX is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for IPEX jobs. To request an accommodation, please contact HR at HR@ipexna.com
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.