Health Care Assistant
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Nurse Manager or designate and under the guidance and direction of a Registered Nurse, conducts personal care and nursing procedures to meet the comfort, hygiene and therapeutic needs of the patient/resident according to established policies and procedures.
Education, Training And Experience
Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program such as a Health Aide program or equivalent. Registered with the BC Care Aide
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of position.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.