National Bank of Canada
Operations Support IT Analyst
Full Job Description
- Are you an experienced Operations support IT analyst, recognized for your relationship skills and enthusiasm in creating value-added solutions?
- Are you looking for a position that combines your knowledge in Financial Markets and your interest in Information Technology?
- Do you want to be part of National Bank’s transformation?
Being an Operations support IT analyst for Financial Markets means playing a key role in supporting, maintaining & stabilizing critical trading applications.
Your extensive knowledge of technology and platforms supporting trading applications will help you build and develop strong business relationships. We’re counting on you to help make our partners’ vision a reality.
- Provide level 1/level 2 support to all applications under Securities Lending business and provide assistance to all end users and identify any issues in production.
- Maintain, schedule jobs and troubleshoot processes to resolve all issues in a timely fashion.
- Analyze all vendor applications and provide operational support to same and perform reviews.
- Administer and implement code deployments in different environments and ensure transition of plans to production.
- Provide training to various new employees and assist with knowledge on all production processes.
- Document all production applications queries in knowledge base and resolve all application issues within SLA.
- Monitor all performance metrics for various production systems and identify root cause for all technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Maintain effective relationships with various business stakeholders including development/interfacing systems.
- Participate in periodic meetings and maintain all applications for productions and plan appropriate various strategies.
- Provide on-call support during weekdays and scheduled coverages to support changes on weekends in rotational basis.
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer hybrid work (remote and in the office), work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance and flexible leave that you can take when it’s important to you.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 5~10 years’ relevant experience OR master’s degree in a related field plus 3 years’ relevant experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience with technologies – Java, Shell scripting, Python (Ability to navigate the code and Identify Issues/recommend solutions – No development involved in this role)
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as Control-M or Datadog or Splunk or any relevant monitoring tool (Good to have).
- Exposure to ITIL concepts – Incident, Problem & Risk management.
- Experience working with ticketing tools such as Jira or Remedy or any other relevant ticketing tool (Desired).
- Knowledge of security & networking concepts will be good to have but not mandatory
- Good organizational skills, autonomy and initiative
- Demonstrated political acumen
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team and under pressure
- Experience working in Agile mode (Scrum, Safe, etc.)
- Knowledge of English (spoken and written).
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.