Jobs in France
|Post Name||IT Operations Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||EUR 39000 To EUR 46000 Per Year|
|Location||Paris, Île-de-France, France 75011|
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 100 million travelers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier, and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
We are looking for an IT Ops Manager to develop and implement strategies to successfully scale and improve IT service delivery across the company. The IT Ops Manager is in charge of providing all the company team members with a world-class IT experience during their lifecycle at BlaBlaCar and enabling them to fulfill their mission with efficiency and productivity.
You will oversee a team of 5+ IT Specialists and Systems & Network engineers who are permanent employees or contractors. Your role will be to set up the best organization and operational mode for the team and to develop the team members’ technical knowledge, soft skills, and service management competencies.
This role is key for the overall success of BlaBlaCar as it enables teams over several countries and locations (in offices or remote) to be fully operational and to focus on their business. You will report to the VP of Engineering Corporate Services. You will be working closely with the other Engineering teams to develop solutions for internal users, and with the Security function.
- Being responsible for the strategy and the operations of IT services and infrastructure, owning the IT Ops team roadmap and budget.
- Driving operational excellence and developing a world-class Service Management approach relying on best practices like ITIL and on monitoring the team’s performance indicators (support, user satisfaction measurement, projects)
- In collaboration with the Security team, enforce security compliance standards and processes and ensure the security of IT Services delivered.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with internal stakeholders depend significantly on IT services (Facilities, People team,…)
- Hiring, growing and managing your team across different locations, as well as contracting and managing several external technology providers.
- Initiating new opportunities to improve the IT services and increase efficiency through developing innovative automation solutions automation
- Being on-call: could be 1 week every 3-4 weeks
- Network management with cloud-managed network solutions (Cisco Meraki)
- All hardware equipment in offices (endpoints, meeting room equipment, network equipment, IoT devices, mainly anything related to IT and connected to the office network, etc…) and for company users (Apple and PC laptops, accessories)
- Office software (GSuite, Slack, Microsoft Office 365, Atlassian products, …)
- IT tasks Automation (Workato)
- Security Software (cloud-based IAM, Multi-factor authentication, MDM for Mac OS and Windows, Chrome management, Antivirus, …)
- IT Helpdesk
- 8+ years of experience in IT Operations, with a significant part in high-growth technology companies (start-up/scale-up) and fast-moving environments.
- Successful experience in team management (at least 2 years) in an international context and with a distributed team.
- Mastery of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) frameworks
- Proven experience in deploying cloud-based solutions and in remotely managing mixed environments (Apple, PC, Chrome)
- Fluent in English
Our process includes
- 45-min call with Talent Acquisition Manager to assess your motivation, soft skills, and communication and discuss the position with you
- 1,5-hour video call with Hiring Manager – Sebastien Labat, VP of Engineering, Corporate Services to discuss your background, assess autonomy, leadership, and how result-oriented and data-driven you are
- 40-min video call with Security team members to check how security savvy you are
- 40-min video call with People team stakeholders to check your capacity to involve in fast-paced environment, culture fit, and business sensibility
- 40-min video call with Engineering team stakeholders to discuss your engineering culture, business sensibility, and communication
- 40-min video call with our CTO – Olivier Bonnet to discuss BlaBlaCar’s engineering vision and your alignment with it
What we have to offer
- An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Russia, Spain, and Ukraine.
- A flexible workplace: with our hybrid remote setup and family-friendly policies, we are masters of our own schedules and work-life balance, no questions asked.
- A culture of sharing: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, Q&A sessions with our leadership, shared company KPIs, ‘Fail, Learn, Succeed’ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make dev’ dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, and access to top conferences across Europe.
- Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- People-first: wind down from work at our weekly breakfasts and after work, or show off your talent at our annual BlaBlaShow.
- Shared company principles guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goals. Find out more about our BlaBlaPrinciples.
Your Future Benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote* (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- A fair and competitive salary package
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- Parental policy
- Training and career development programs
- Free carpooling & bus rides wherever whenever