Senior IT Engineer
Full Job Description
ITWiser provides an array of IT and Cyber Security services to all types of businesses. Our approach is proactive, and we are looking for a keen and experienced senior IT engineer to join the team. You will be working out of our Bradford office assisting the team and our clients. Working 8:30 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday (May be requested to work outside of these hours for project work). You will be providing high-end support to the companies’ customer base, including but not limited to the below.
- Resolving issues to completion.
- Liaising with 3rd parties and vendors on a day-to-day basis to ensure the smooth running of all operations.
- Planning IT solutions for clients depending on their requirements such as new server installations through to network installations.
- You will be required to create professional client documents such as quotes. proposals and project plans.
- Managing 365 and Azure environments.
- Checking service desk tickets day-to-day.
- Managing clients’ needs and expectations.
- Conducting project work such as client migrations.
- Assisting with providing Cyber Security services to clients.
- General office duties.
- Excellent communication skills & a ‘can-do attitude
- Ability to handle customers’ queries with empathy and tact
- Work well in a team and happy to listen to guidance from others
- Self-motivated to be able to work when left alone
- Good timekeeping and workload management
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- See problems through to the end by taking ownership of them
- Professional accreditations such as Microsoft / Cisco / CompTia
- Should have at least 8 years of experience in the IT industry with strong technical knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of GDPR & Data Protection & Computer Ethics.
- Understanding of Android Phones/Tablets, Apple iPhones/Tablets, and how to do key tasks such as setting up email accounts, joining wireless networks, and troubleshooting end-user issues.
- Experience managing Cisco Meraki, Unifi, HP, and Draytek devices.
- Good experience with macOS (10,11,12)
- Good understanding of Firewalls – Hardware and Software
- Must have a driving license, and own transport with business insurance cover.
- Flexible to travel to client sites around the country via train or car.
- Must keep an accurate track of time and tickets using a timesheet system.
- Thorough Networking and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of VMWare, Hyper-V & Virtualisation.
- Thorough Microsoft Windows Server installation and management experience
- Good Linux installation and management experience (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Cpanel, WHM, Kali).
- Extensive Microsoft 365 experience with using, managing, and migrating of users and devices from other systems into the Microsoft 365 product stack.
- Core Microsoft service knowledge of DNS/DHCP/WINS/Active Directory preferably through a Microsoft server certification.
- Knowledge of what WAN/LAN/Broadband/Leased Lines/PSTN are and be able to set up and support the technologies.
- Good understanding of computer hardware and troubleshooting hardware faults.
- Good understanding of IT security best practices and technical controls.
- Thorough understanding of what Antivirus software is and how to manage it.
- Experience troubleshooting networking, switches, and VLANs.
- Experience deploying and managing VOIP systems such as 3CX.
- Maths & English GCSE grade C or higher or equivalent
- Either A Level/BTEC/NVQ/Degree – IT related
- Professional certification desirable
- In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a great team environment plus 20 days of holiday plus statutory holidays.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Free Parking
- On-site parking
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradford, BD4 8BX: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
- Data Entry Work From Home Jobs
- Get Paid To Take Photos
- Work From Home Jobs - Multiple Fields
- Writeappreviews.com - Get Paid To Review Apps On Your Phone
- Paid Online Writing Jobs - Get Paid To Do Simple Writing Jobs Online
- Get Paid To Use Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Recommended Interview Questions to Crack Any Interview:
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.