Site Based Civil Engineer
Full Job Description
Your Impact:At Jacobs, we’ll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of this increasing demand for our services we are looking for a CS&A Liaison Engineer to join out site team, at Sellafield site.
Key activities the candidate will be expected to undertake are as follows:
- Nuclear and conventional safety cases – understanding key requirements and maintain design intent of site works
- Support and justification for Construction Crane Safety Cases (CCSC) and demonstration of ALARP (as low as reasonably practisable) approaches
- Coordination of constructability between CS&A and other disciplines, and between Design and Site Construction
- Resolution of construction issues, TQs, Concessions and Production Permits
- Design and checking of miscellaneous specialist calculations and reports
- General ongoing design reviews in support of manufacture, and conducting specific SDDRs (single discipline design reviews) and MDDRs (multi discipline design reviews) as appropriate
- Package management for specific issues not captured within the general programme
- Continual ongoing assurance of the application of CDM (construction, design and management regulations) and the recording of such
- Reviewing, justifying and preparing Design Changes deemed necessary to satisfy the CSA design case
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Good knowledge of civil, structural and architectural design as well as construction.
- Experience with reinforced concrete and structural steelwork
- Good understanding of Eurocodes or flexibility to adapt to these codes
- You need to be a self-starter with very good communication skills
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.