Jump to: Hide
As a Packaging Associate, you are responsible for operating specialized equipment that makes boxes to be filled with cherries, and forming the lids for those boxes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Help operate the specialized box making equipment (Thiele box making machines)
- Keep the packing line fed with enough empty boxes.
- Assemble cartons efficiently and consistently
- Alert supervisors and/or maintenance to abnormalities in machine operation
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Adhere to trained food-safe practices
- Be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid Work Permit/Visa.
- Comfortable working on your feet up to 8 hours a day, 6 days a week (NOTE: job share options may be available to facilitate flexible work hours)
- Have reliable transport to get to work.
Our working environment is extremely challenging over a short period of time. Applicants should be aware that this is a farming environment and days off may be limited during our growing and packing season. Applicants should be aware that:
- Work hours are dependent on crop maturity and weather.
- The packing area is temperature controlled at ~ 10 C
- Be always aware of working area, as machinery and pallet jacks will be in operation around you.
- The candidate must have the ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds and nationalities.
- Great teamwork environment.
- Opportunities for learning new skills and recurring summer work
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.