Contract Guest Experience Lead
Who We Are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we’re in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
The Guest Experience Lead is responsible for ensuring all guests (i.e., customers) receive a quality in-store experience. They do this by overseeing or providing technical product education that articulates the value of our product and brand to meet the unique needs of each guest. The Guest Experience Lead is part of the store leadership team, responsible for driving store performance on the floor through guest experience and team achievement of daily sales or unit targets. Guest Experience Leads provide input to team member performance evaluations, recommendations into store hiring decisions, and act as Supervisor on Duty (SOD) when leading the floor.
Core Responsibilities of the Job
- Bring the lululemon guest experience framework to life, leading from the floor to establish an exceptional and inclusive guest experience.
- Continuously assess the level of guest connection and technical product education, ensuring every single guest receives technical product education and assisting the guests when needed (e.g., when other team members are unavailable).
- Move dynamically and lead from the floor as the Supervisor on Duty to assess and fulfill the needs of the business, team, and guests.
- Conduct preparation activities to ensure in-store readiness for guests and ensure the operational excellence of the store is maintained throughout shift.
- Open and close the store in accordance with the opening and closing procedures.
- Review and interpret daily business data and metrics to track progress toward sales goals and motivate team to drive business results.
- Participate in the store’s hiring process, including recruitment, selection and hiring recommendations, onboarding, and training.
- Address team member performance and support their ongoing learning and development by providing direct feedback and in-the-moment recognition, coaching, demonstrations, and hands-on experiences.
- Contribute to a respectful and inclusive team by establishing supportive working relationships and engaging with team members, creating a fun and productive environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the store is located
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned store with reliable transportation methods
- The work schedule can vary based on store needs
- Shifts are typically scheduled: mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- In addition, during peak timeframes, special events, or other circumstances, the schedule may include early mornings or late nights/overnights for some team members
- 1 year retail or customer experience (e.g., guest resolution, navigating difficult conversations)
- Some experience in leading, mentoring, or delegating with others
Job Assets (i.e., nice to have; not required)
- Education: High school diploma/GED/equivalent, or above
- Experience: 1 year of retail/sales leadership experience (supervisor or people management not necessary; examples: leading delegated assignments/tasks, mentoring or assisting peers)
- For Experiential stores with food/beverage service only: Food safety and/or liquor service certification
What We Look For
- Inclusion & Diversity: Creates/supports an inclusive environment that values/celebrates differences
- Integrity: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner
- Guest Experience: Actively creates an inclusive, high-caliber experience and connection for every guest through team members
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Works productively with and supports others to achieve common goals; seeks connections, partnerships, and diverse perspectives
- Decision Making/Problem Solving: Uses logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions
- Adaptability/Agility: Navigates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced environment; recovers quickly from setbacks
- Interactive Communication: Conveys information effectively and understands information shared while interacting with others
Work Context (e.g., environment, interactions, physical)
- Work involves moving through the store with bright lights and loud music
- Work is accomplished as part of a team, sometimes independently, and sometimes on a computer or other technical devices
- Work may occasionally involve moving boxes weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- For Experiential stores with food/beverage service only: Work may involve using industrial kitchen equipment and exposure to heat in order to prepare food or beverages
Compensation & Benefits Package
Our guest experience lead base pay ranges from $20.50 – $23.58/hour with a target bonus of an additional $3 per hour, bringing our total target compensation range between $23.50 – $26.58/hour, depending on location and level of experience. Our pay-for-performance bonus philosophy supports our employees by recognizing exceptional individual and team performance.
At lululemon, our care and investment in our employees does not stop at compensation. Investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. With extended health and mental health plans, paid time off, savings plans, generous employee discounts, fitness & yoga classes, parenthood top up and more, our benefits support our values and recognize our teams for their performance and dedication. Additionally, our personal and professional development programs include people networks, parenthood support programs, mentorships, and leadership series programming to help employees grow their career.
Note: Availability of the benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.