Finance Analyst, FP&A
|Post Name||Finance Analyst, FP&A|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 30 To CAD 40 Per Hour|
We are a young, driven, and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated Finance Analyst to join our Finance team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Finance Analyst to join our growing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance, Commercial, Project Management, and Research & Development (R&D) teams, you will be primarily responsible for driving efforts on budgeting, monitoring, and reporting for a number of discovery and development projects.
How you might spend your days:
- Working closely with R&D Project Leads and Project Management to build project budgets and guiding these colleagues through the forecasting process.
- Supporting project leads as a key business partner in managing budgets through report generation, detailed analysis, providing data-driven insights, and determining key drivers of spending
- Reviewing project spending data for accuracy and investigating unanticipated variances
- Generating reports for external funders and populating claims while ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Supporting our short and long-term budgeting and forecasting processes while proactively improving the process as needed
- Identifying long-term risks or opportunities to the latest forecast, and escalate to the Finance leadership team. Ability to pivot on materiality depending on audience key
- Building and improving on data workflows, governance, and forecasting/valuation models for a variety of applications across the business. Investigating and modeling impacts of new initiatives on consolidated Financial Statements under US GAAP
- Helping shape project & organization KPIs, and determine links to long-term financial forecasts and value creation. Performing ad-hoc analysis and modeling to support decision making
- Providing general support to the wider finance team as needed
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar role and a post-secondary degree in a relevant field or have/are near to completing a related professional designation (CPA, CFA, or equivalent)
- Have the ability to navigate ambiguity, manage multiple assignments simultaneously, and bring clarity and structure
- Can demonstrate stand-out abilities in communicating financial information to audiences from non-financial backgrounds
- Work well in cross-functional teams and actively contribute to discussions with a strategic and financial perspective
- Have advanced excel skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Are a self-starter with proven experience developing processes, solving problems, and an ability to work independently
- Are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical sector would be an asset
- Experience working in a publicly traded company, and/or a multi-currency, multi-entity environment is an asset
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks of vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning, and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients.
We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
To apply for this job please visit abcellera.com.