hotel night ambassador Amsterdam
Full job description
Hello fellow mobile citizens,
We are opening our night ambassador role for our Dutch hotels.Why working for us is different
We won’t put you in a box as a ‘receptionist’ or ‘food and beverage’ person. With us, you’ll become a champion multitasker – customer service, receptionist, concierge, barista, mixologist, logistics and more. You will be a citizenM ambassador, free to be yourself to do the best job you can. We believe in making work fun. If you’re having a great experience, so will our guests.
We’re proud to put hospitality back in the hospitality industry, and that’s because of our ambassadors. We don’t hire them for their skills; we hire them for their attitude. We seek people who feel great about making others smile and we see the results in our happy guests.
Your typical citizenM shift could include:
- Making sure everyone gets a warm welcome as soon as they walk in;
- Helping guests at the self check-in kiosks (we have no reception desk);
- Preparing and serving hot and cold local food;
- Brewing delicious coffee or mixing a signature cocktail;
- Being a secret concierge to the city, answering guests’ questions about the best places to visit, eat, shop or party;
- Maintaining the living room and the canteen clean, and arranging food displays for the next shift;
- Helping our guests with any requests or demands regarding our facilities (you may even get some new tech skills).
Typical night shift hours: 11pm-7am
Do you have what we’re looking for?
As we said before, you don’t need to come with experience in the hospitality industry, but you do need to come with the right attitude
To be successful at citizenM, you’ll need to have:
- A genuine touch: Treat all people as you would treat your best friends;
- A passionate attitude: Be optimistic and positive. You like to surprise and make people smile.
- A contemporary style: You’re inspired by design and creativity, and love to use technology to simplify your life
And you’ll need to be
- A smart thinker: You thrive on turning traditional thinking on its head and want to do things first time right;
- Real caring: You want to do the right thing for our guests, your colleagues, community and for the planet;
- Fluent in English. Other language abilities are welcome too!
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be joining a team of ambassadors who are proud to put on their citizenM outfit every day and go out to wow our guests. You’ll help us shake up the traditional hotel industry by providing the thing our guests love most about us: exceptional service.
Your success is in your hands and you’ll be rewarded for your individual contribution, while supported by your manager on duty through monthly performance coaching. As you grow, we grow, so we will facilitate you in your personal and professional development and give you access to different learning opportunities and tools.
Whether you’re interested in building a career in hospitality, or want to strike a balance between work and your other interests, we are the right place if you have a genuine passion for helping people and growing your talents, whatever your background.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary ($2,303.20, 30.4 hours per week)*
- Flexible schedule
- Performance rewards
- career progression
- Access to citizenM learning and development programs
- Full immersion (training) program for new starters
- citizenM experience nights for you (and friends and family)
- Pension and cycle to work scheme
- citizenM uniform and comfy shoes by On Running
- Salary based on having an SHV Certificate for Social Hygiene. If not in possession of this, it is possible to take the course once hired.
citizenM is a hotel providing affordable luxury for the mobile citizens of the world. With style that will knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design driven, and cost conscious. We currently have hotels in Amsterdam, London, Glasgow, New York and Paris, with more to come in Europe, the USA and Asia. We are proud to have put the hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach. citizenM is a global hotel company that dares to be different in everything we do. This means our hotels are not traditional… and neither are our support offices. We’re open-minded, with open hearts and global minds. Looking for people who love people, that’
citizenM loves diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.
To apply for this job please visit nl.indeed.com.