Customer Service Representative
|Hiring Organization||York Region|
|Post Name||Customer Service Representative|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 32 To CAD 35 Per Hour|
Would you consider yourself a patient problem solver and a good listener? Do you have strong customer service skills and want to help others? Are you eager to join one of the most progressive and innovative public sector employers? If you have answered yes to these questions, the Customer Service Representative role might be the position for you.
This position is responsible for handling customer inquiries and requests received from the public across a variety of communication channels; achieving established KPIs; tracks and documenting details of customer interactions in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Responds to inquiries and concerns received from customers across a variety of communication channels such as telephone, e-mail, and live chat.
- Utilizes technology and resources to provide accurate customer information.
- Appropriately manages crisis or passenger behavior calls.
- Categories and documents all customer interactions in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Responds to and address customer feedback and complaints; complete validation process to discern whether complaints/issues require further escalation.
- Maintains awareness of department programs and services in order to service customers.
- Reports customer incidents and issues and provides information to internal stakeholders for investigation, advising management of urgent or sensitive concerns.
- Successful completion of a College diploma in Business Administration, or a related field, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ current demonstrated experience delivering service to customers in a contact center environment.
- Demonstrated experience in computer applications such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and other applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contact center operations including telephony and technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complaint, de-escalation, and conflict resolution techniques and ability to work with the pressure and challenges of receiving complaints on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to provide high-quality customer service.
- Strong written communication skills.
- All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be a successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
To apply for this job please visit york.hua.hrsmart.com.