Chilliwack Community Services
Settlement and Activity Worker
To support Immigrants and their families to understand, navigate, and access social, legal, and
economic systems in order to ensure their rights and responsibilities are met, and they are able to
integrate in community. To provide intake with clients, including the provision of assessment of
need. To co-ordinate a pool of both immigrant and non-immigrant volunteers to support program
- Training in Volunteer Management
- Minimum two (2) years recent related experience working in Immigrant Services.
- Or an equivalent combination of Education, Training and Experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance.
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Must be people oriented, outgoing, dynamic and resourceful.
- Demonstrate organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of immigrant settlement processes and referral practices.
- Manage a caseload of immigrant clients.
- Demonstrate teamwork
- Practice time and resource management techniques.
- Practice effective interpersonal and intercultural communication techniques.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Recruit, select, dismiss, orient, train, monitor, evaluate, recognize, and provide support to
2. Follow the intake process and complete in-depth needs assessments with clients by gathering
information relevant to the client’s situation, identifying problems, needs, risks, strengths.
3. Case management of clients within program guidelines, to create an action plan with the client,
to update progress notes, to complete program orientation and forms, to refer to other
programs, to continually follow-up with client until action plan is completed or the client exits
4. To provide guidance and support to clients experiencing difficulties with settlement and
integration, to assist in problem solving, and identifying appropriate services and resources.
Page | 1
5. To assist clients to access services (i.e. provide referrals and/or accompany clients to community
resources), arrange interpretation or translation service, assist in form filling.
6. To provide guidance, instruction, and skill-building to clients such as life skills and social skills,
model appropriate behavior.
7. To encourage and facilitate clients’ participation in activities.
8. To maintain liaison and appropriate information exchange with members of Immigrant Services
team, other Agency staff, and in order to support clients.
9. To maintain liaison and appropriate information exchange with relevant community agencies
and professionals in order to support local service coordination and access to other settlement
and non-settlement services.
10. To maintain records and all required documentation.
11. To track services provided by creating individual client files that contain a completed Client
Orientation Checklist, Client Intake Form, Client Needs Assessments, Client Action Plan, Referral
Form, and Progress Notes.
12. To maintain daily statistical record of contact with clients and services provided.
13. To prepare and submit monthly program activity report to Supervisor.
14. To attend meetings and workshops as directed.
15. Complete all mandatory learning requirements.
16. Performs other relevant duties as required.
General: This Wage Rate: as per Collective Agreement: Classification Integrated Volunteer Coordinator /
Settlement and Integration Worker / Activity Worker – Grid 12 – $28.32 per hour plus health
and dental benefits.
- This position is open to all applicants.
- This position requires union membership.
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal record check.
- This position reports to the Settlement Services Coordinator
Please mention the name of the job position you are applying for in your cover letter.
NO phone calls. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.