Black & McDonald Limited
Security Guard (Casual)
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario Facilities Management Operations team is growing! If you are a responsible and collaborative professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Casual Security Guard is located in Toronto, ON and typically reports directly to the Security Manager. There is a possibility of the position converting into a full-time role.
The Casual Security Guard will provide a friendly and safe environment for all patients, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
The Casual Security Guard will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring safety and security of the facility and all those who enter the facility
- Provide a friendly and safe environment for all staff, volunteers, patients, and visitors
- Respond as required to all security, safety, and/or emergency situations
- Operate the Security Office’s CCTV, access control, and panic device systems in the absence of the Security Manager
- Respond to all access requests in accordance with established protocols
- Conduct facility patrols and take necessary action based on observation including checking in with employees who work alone after hours
- Perform “Patient Watches”
- Monitor parking areas
- Investigate security and safety related events as required
- Complete forms, logs, notebooks, work orders, and incident reports as required
- Act as a member of the internal fire response team and crisis team
- Adhere to all corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and directives
- Identify areas requiring updates and/or possible areas of improvement relating to policies, procedures, and directives
- Completion of other tasks as directed by the manager
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Values and Respects Others
- Two-year community college Law & Security or Police Foundations diploma is preferred
- Valid Ontario Private Security & Investigative Services, Security Guard License is required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 6 months of security experience
- 3+ years of related experience in a health care environment is considered a strong asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work 11.25-hour shifts on a casual, as-needed basis (note that the position may convert into a full-time role pending availability)
- Must have open availability and able to work on weekdays and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to proactively achieve resolutions both through direction and negotiation
- Excellent judgment and ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in emergency situations
- Conflict Resolution skills
- First Aid and CPR level “C”
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.