|Hiring Organization||London Health Sciences Centre|
|Post Name||Security Guard|
|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 24 To CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5W9|
Reporting to the Coordinator, Security, the Security Guard ensures the safety and security of patients, visitors, staff, and building facilities. This is accomplished via crisis intervention, preventative patrols, dispatching of security calls and alarm monitoring, emergency response, investigation, and report writing.
Rate of Pay: $24.01 per hour – $30.00 per hour
Hours of Work: Up to 75 hours bi-weekly, with opportunities to pick up extra shifts
- Successful completion of a diploma in Protection, Security and Investigation or Police Foundations, or equivalent
- Licensed as a Security Guard in the Province of Ontario
- Recent security experience in a Hospital environment preferred
- A valid Ontario “G” Driver’s License; required to produce a 3-year driver’s license record satisfactory to the hospital
- Required to provide proof of current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support and St. John Ambulance Standard First Aid within ninety (90) days of start date; Hospital requires that you maintain current registration in both these programs
- Familiarity with local, provincial, and federal legislation pertinent to Security Operations including the Mental Health Act
- Advanced nonviolent crisis intervention skills and verbal de-escalation skills
- Advanced investigative and report writing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper use of restraint systems
- Ability to react to and coordinate response to a variety of stressful and crisis situations
- Advanced public relations skills
- Demonstrated effective communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to interact with others in a respectful manner
- Demonstrated high standards of ethical conduct, exhibiting honesty and integrity
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of the use of fire extinguishers and firefighting equipment
- Ability to work out of doors under unfavorable weather conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient family-centered care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis.
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two-step)
- In addition, candidates will need to provide documentation of a completed COVID vaccine series (two vaccines).
London Health Sciences Centre fosters a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
Successful candidates, as a condition of a job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months. In addition, reference checks are completed as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
There are so many great reasons to join London Health Sciences Centre. Here are a few of the great reasons for joining LHSC. We know that once you get to know us better, you’ll want to add your own reasons to the list!
- Multiple Professional Growth Opportunities
- A Shared Leadership Model
- A Leading-Edge Environment
- International Acclaim
- On-Site Wellness Centre