Junior Piping Designer
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Within Piping and Plant Layout discipline, responsible for assigned design and drafting activities under general supervision and according to specific instructions and established procedures. Prepares engineering drawings from redline mark-ups, from general engineering and design information or extracted from the project design model.At Bantrel, we are committed to developing a sustainable and diverse business that adapts to the changing markets. Our current focus lies with the traditional Oil and Gas projects as well as the pursuit of solutions in the novel arena of Energy Transition initiatives. We drive a culture that supports professional development and encourages a balance between the personal and professional lives for all our employees.
- Prepares 2-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) process piping drawings including but not limited to Site Plans, Plot Plans, Equipment Location Plans, General Arrangements, Piping Isometrics, Standard Pipe Supports, Special Pipe Supports from design sketches, redline mark-ups and models prepared by experienced piping design team members.
- Generates detailed piping isometrics extracted from the 3D CAD design model developed by experienced design team members.
- Works with designers from other disciplines towards the successful completion of a coordinated design.
- Compiles, maintains and accesses job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as outlined in project and engineering work instructions.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with approved design standards in own work to provide quality design.
- All other duties as assigned by senior design team members.
- Completion of a two-year college program in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or three to four year apprentice program in a related field.
SKILLS / JOB KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- 0 to 5 yrs. experience in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation and Microsoft office products. Experienced with 3D design software such as AutoPlant, Navisworks, etc.
- Able to make basic day-to-day decisions which may involve planning and are well defined by project requirements.
- Able to communicate with supervising designers, other discipline designers and technical specialists to obtain technical information as required.
- A willingness to learn ASME and other Engineering codes, Environmental regulation, Local and National Coeds and Regulations.
- Ability to multitask.
- Team player and willing to receive direction.
Additional InformationWe thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.