The First Group
Comprising of The First Group’s award-winning hotels and restaurants, The First Collection is an innovative lifestyle brand offering exciting hospitality services and unforgettable dining experiences.
Grand Heights Hotel Apartments, offers comfortable studios and one-bedroom apartments in the heart of the city, and is owned and managed by The First Collection. Bringing to the market a range of franchised properties, the group also manages TRYP by Wyndham Dubai and Wyndham Dubai Marina, which are franchises of the Wyndham Group. While Citadines Metro Central Dubai, offers hotel apartments in a prime location and is a franchise of The Ascott Limited.
The First Collection’s restaurants offer exceptional and original dining experiences that focus on creating unique lifestyle-driven dining concepts with a strong emphasis on quality and affordability.
The rapidly growing portfolio of restaurants, cafes and bars features a dynamic mix of homegrown brands and recognised International franchises, including MasterChef, the TV Experience – the world’s first restaurant based on the global TV phenomenon. With an emphasis on social dining, this exciting restaurant portfolio is helping establish the collection of upscale and upper midscale hotels among Dubai’s hottest gastronomic and lifestyle destinations.
With ambitious growth plans in the years ahead , The First Collection will be opening numerous upper scale hotels and a series of dining concepts throughout Dubai.
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising staff, organizing and monitoring work process.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and guest service standards.
- Checks preparations before and during the shift.
- Ensures the progress and delivery of tasks and makes sure quality standards are met in doing so.
- Maintains staff by selecting, orienting and training employees, developing personal growth opportunities.
- Promotes up and cross selling to the team members.
- Responds to guest complains and questions in a timely manner.
- Evaluates the staffing requirements per shift and also makes decisions when staffing requirements change during the shifts.
- Works together with other departments to supervise all tasks to be done in an efficient and timely manner.
- Keeps the supplies and stocks upto requirements, including advising the manager on the required materials.
- Controls expenses by gathering and scheduling expenditures, monitoring variances, implementing corrective actions.
- Works along in the shifts, knowledgeable about all products to answer the questions of both guests and staff.
- Works together with the entire F&B management on new ideas and improvements for the department.
- Checks bills, table progress, preparations, waiting time for food and drinks to prevent mistakes during the operations.
- Supervises the restaurant opening and closing procedures.
- Doing proper shift handovers to inform colleagues about what happened on the shift and what is important for the rest of the day/week.
- Informs the management of any visit of FAM/ VIP guests to the outlets.
- Ensures that menus, promotional items are handled properly and replaces damaged or outdated materials.
- Is aware of the health and safety requirements for the department and makes the team members aware of those.
- At all times keeps good communication with the kitchen about changes, dietary requests, VIPs etc.
- Ensures daily briefings and allocations get done and all records kept on file.
- Is doing the mid-year and final reviews for the crew and associates.
- Ensures all work orders are raised and updated in the system.
- Ensures all staff are following HACCP and Hygiene standards at all times.
- Passes on information from management to colleagues and from colleagues to management.
- The authority to decide or nominate an award based on performance.
- Ensures all the prices in the micros are updated.
- Doing the micros change form if new icons need to be created.
- Trains, motivates and evaluates new and existing staff.
- Attends departmental meetings if required.
- Ensure the outlet par level are set and followed.
- Daily/weekly/monthly inventory happening without fail.
Desired Skill & Expertise:
- All Day Dining experience preferable.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in a 5-Star Hotel is essential.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English.
- Experienced in all aspects of restaurant’s services.
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times.
- Excellent leader and trainer with solid motivational and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills to deal with diverse staff.
- Handling guest complaints and ability to know when to escalate to line manager.
- Ability to understand the flow of service and support colleagues.
- Proven ability to successfully support the management to motivate and lead a diverse team.
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Familiar with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.