INTERN – Junior International Affairs Analyst
ENGIE is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services . With its 96,000 employees, its customers, partners and stakeholders, the Group is committed to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral world, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally-friendly solutions. Inspired by its purpose (“raison d’être”), ENGIE reconciles economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet, building on its key businesses (gas, renewable energy, services) to offer competitive solutions to its customers.
ENGIE’s purpose (“raison d’être”) is to act to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally-friendly solutions . The purpose brings together the company, its employees, its clients and its shareholders, and reconciles economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet. ENGIE’s actions are assessed in their entirety and over time.
ENGIE is refocusing:
- We are focusing on our four core activities: renewable energy, energy solutions, networks, and thermal production & energy supply. We are reorganizing around four Global Business Units to gain in clarity and performance.
- We are focusing on a geographic footprint reduced to less than 30 countries by 2030 (compared with 70 in 2018)
- We are grouping some of our service activities by creating an entity that will be a leader in technical services.
The International Affairs team is:
- advocating for ENGIE’s international positions towards French and Foreign authorities
- promoting ENGIE’s interests in bilateral relations between countries and international organizations;
- in charge of the relations with the Embassies network, the French Foreign Affairs Ministry, and International organizations;
- supporting the Group top management’s business trips, public interventions and participation to international organizations;
- fostering interaction with the teams of the different geographies (outside Europe) to ensure a geopolitical watch and support local needs.
Your missions in the team
- Worldwide geopolitical watch related to energy (essentially outside of Europe)
- Attend external conferences on international affairs matters
- Perform researches and detailed analysis on geopolitical and energy policy issues, that could lead to short memos or long-term studies
- Contribute to position papers on international matters
- Contribute to advocacy efforts in specific geographies
- Support the work related to the relations with international institutions and trade associations
Who are you?
- You are a student at least at Master’s degree level in a Business School or top level University, specialized in Management, Energy, Regulation, Legal or Political Science.
- You are interested in the renewable energy sector
- You are a team-player, enthusiastic, demonstrating empathy and respect for people
- You have a strong team spirit and efficient communication, pragmatism, ability to manage a project in autonomy
- You have strong analytical skills, enabling you to promptly understand new concepts and share in an adequate manner your findings
- You speak and write fluently in French and English, another language (Spanish, Portuguese, German…) will be a plus; past experiences in English and/or in an English-speaking professional environment would be a plus
- You have perfect proficiency in Office 365 tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint…)
- You are open to diversity and have the capability to work with a variety of culture
- You consider yourself as open-minded and adapted to different teams, stakeholders or ways of working
- You develop authentic relationships, through generous listening and straight talk
To apply for this job please visit fr.indeed.com.