Power Financial Wellness, Inc
Human Resource Assistant
|Hiring Organization||Power Financial Wellness, Inc|
|Post Name||Human Resource Assistant|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related (essential).|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||KES 30000 To KES 35000 Per Month|
Power is a financial wellness platform that is dedicated to providing holistic financial services to working people in Kenya and across sub-Saharan Africa. We enable individuals to live their lives with dignity, reduce financial-related stress, and take control of their financial well-being. Power enables gig and salaried workers access to earned wages and other financial services, as well as to contribute to savings via partner banks.
We are looking for a motivated and talented individual to join our Human Resources Department. Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, Human Resource Assistant will be responsible for talent acquisition, onboarding, record maintenance, and payroll processing, and provide talent operation support to all employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the recruitment process by preparing job advertisements, shortlisting candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation/onboarding as per our policy.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date digital and manual human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Support all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Assist with processing monthly payroll through our Human Resource Information System
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars as needed
- Keep an updated record of our HR Manual, Code of Conduct, and HR policies
- Assist with performance management process as per policy
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties etc
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
Knowledge and skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR assistant (essential).
- Exposure to labor law and employment regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Tech savvy, ability to use HRIS
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.