|Post Name||Day Cleaner|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 12 To GBP 15 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC3M|
Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers to hospitals, schools, and government offices. Mike has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Purpose of role
To manage and take responsibility for the relevant floors ensuring the cleanliness of all areas meet the standards set in every way, and continually look for ways to improve the environment for the customers on-site. Act as the first point of call for customers and continually provide an exceptional level of customer service to all customers within the building.
Due to the nature of the site candidates must be aware that a high level of Security Clearance will be required prior to starting. Candidates will need to provide evidence of 10 years+ of British Citizenship or British Naturalisation to be successfully appointed.
- Ensure the smooth running of FM services in the building
- Establish good working relationships with colleagues on site in order to be recognized as the natural go-to person and a trusted partner
- Complete daily floor check and report all faults/issues to the Site Manager
- Ensure that all communal areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Maintain a professional image at all times, ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy and ready for business
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness in designated areas at all times.
- Ensure all tasks/ issues that are reported
- Monitor, action and escalate incidents as appropriate to achieve agreed service levels and to keep customers informed of the status and progress of their resolution
- Assist with office moves when required
- Escort contractors when requested on-site and off-site, including the confidential waste collections
- Assist with staff queries both in person, by email, or via telephone
- Collect all mail on a timely basis from the designated point, and distribute all mail and parcels to hub areas and individuals ensuring that agreed service levels are met.
- Maintain a log of incoming and outgoing parcels.
- Deal with secure deliveries abiding by security protocols.
- Set up and move equipment for events on site
- Provide flexibility or agile workspace, always moving and making changes to accommodate visitors’ and colleagues’ work requirements.
- Provide a portiere service when required
Knowledge and Experience
- Must be able to pass security clearance
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing or customer-service role with a strong customer-service background
- GCSE standard in English and Maths or equivalent
- Complaint handling experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- The ability to demonstrate a professional customer-focused approach to work at all times
- The ability to demonstrate a customer-focused and “Can Do” attitude is the fundamental requirement
- Problem-solving skills, able to articulate the desired outcome.
- The ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft, email, Word, and Excel; able to maintain databases and link up to data
- projectors, the internet, printers, etc
- You will be required to pass DV clearance whilst on site.
- An ability to pick up technical training quickly
- Operational understanding of both hard and soft services, cleaning and building services within a client-focused environment
To apply for this job please visit careers.mitie.com.