Conference and Banqueting Manager
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Conference and Banqueting Manager to form part of our highly reputable Food and Beverage Team. The Hilton Malta prides itself of having excellent banqueting facilities including a large conference centre catering for a large number of prestigious international conventions, corporate and social events.
The ideal candidate will successfully guide the departments’ operations to achieve optimum performance and will have continuous input in the areas of corporate events, Banquets, Conferences, business meetings, Weddings and Outside Catering Events.
What will I be doing?
The role of the Conference and Banqueting Manager is to:
- Communicate internally with the sales team and other departments in order to ensure accurate execution of all clients events and requests
- Plan ahead for future events to ensure operational efficiency
- Work closely with the sales team in order to create the right event for the client and give ideas as would be necessary to meet clients demands
- Ensure that all events run smoothly and deal with any challenges during the event and makes last minute changes as required
- Lead the banqueting team members and get involved in the recruitment, training and development of the department’s team members as would be necessary
- Work closely with other F&B outlet managers in order to ensure effective use of resources within the department
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with excellent leadership skills and previous experience in this area, preferably within a five star hotel environment. The selected individual must have an outgoing personality and a flair for meeting people, have guest service at heart, be creative and can challenge the status quo in terms of processes and operations. Given the nature of the job, flexibility with working hours is necessary.
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary package as well as a number of Hilton benefits.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.