Front Office Coordinator
Greater Purpose and Core Values:
Athletico’s Greater Purpose is to empower people, inspire hope and transform lives. We accomplish this by providing exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our Core Values of one team, understanding our business, recognition, people-focused, accountability, continuous innovation and trust and integrity, which are the foundation for our unique culture.
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Patient Experience Coordinator (similar to medical receptionist and office coordinator roles)is the owner of the patient’s first and last impression and front-office experience and delivers first-class customer service throughout the patient’s physical therapy journey at Athletico .
Benefits Offered With This Full Time Position
- Medical, dental and vision (eligibility begins day one of employment)
- 15 days PTO (accruing starts immediately upon hire)
- 6 Major Holidays off plus 2 floating holidays yearly
- Physical Therapy Benefits
- Fertility Benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-Tax & Roth 401K (for 21+) with quarterly company match
- Pet insurance
- Student Loan Resources
- Well-being programs (EAP and Headspace app) and more…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The below is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.
- Provide professional, friendly and compassionate service to all patients and physical therapy staff in all interactions including issue resolution, scheduling, new patient onboarding, insurance verification, and billing.
- Manage clinic scheduling ensuring to match patient with the best clinician for their needs / injury as well as optimum patient flow.
- Provide new patient onboarding including facility tour, data gathering, and physical therapy staff introductions.
- Obtain verification of patient medical insurance information and manage patient insurance requirements and inform patients of insurance benefits and options for payments on account.
- On behalf of physical therapists, coordinates the communication of patient progress to physicians, nurse case managers, adjusters and attorneys.
- Assist with management of patient expectations based on clinical findings including frequency and duration of treatment, progression toward functional goals, and discharge planning. Serve as a contact for physical therapy post-care needs.
- Organizes cultural moments (e.g., patient’s physical therapy goal celebrations) in concert with the clinical team to make sure all patients are recognized and appreciated.
- Execute and reinforce administrative and patient experience Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and best practices within the clinic.
- Provide general office, receptionist, and clerical support to assigned location.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with the use of MS Office, Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance benefits and coverage preferred
- Experience with requesting and managing customer payments preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Ability to fufill office activities including but not limited to remain stationary for extended periods of time (i.e. while working at a desk), stoop/kneel/crouch, travel around the office, communicate with others (verbal and written), and use fine motor skills including fine hand manipulation and keyboarding.
- Ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Consistent with a standard office environment, noise level is low with little to no extrodinary environmental factors.
Athletico provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.