- To implement, monitor and maintain the “Air Arabia Safety Management System” in the respective areas of operation.
- He/she shall manage the Company’s mandatory and voluntary “Safety Reports” ensuring the investigations and closure reports are timely and accurately executed in line with the Civil Aviation regulations and requirements and as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
- On a temporary basis, assumes duties and responsibilities of Flight Data Specialist as and when required.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Supports the “Manager Safety & ER” in promoting and enforcing “Safety” and “Operational Risk” awareness culture across the Company, Tenants, Airport, and other organizations required to deal with emergencies.
- Coordinates the Regulatory Authority’s mandatory occurrence reporting scheme in line with rules, regulations and Company’s adopted policies, procedures, and safety measures.
- Initiates and reports incident investigation process through established channels; effectively follows up on incidents and findings in liaison with the department heads/managers.
- Assists the Safety Manager in the administrative requirements for Safety Review Board and Safety Actions Group Meetings.
- Develops checklists and coordinates with Quality Department for the conduct of safety audits on key operational areas to identify hazard.
- Presents and disseminates information on findings to promote safety awareness, recommends and follows up on the implementation of corrective measures to ensure the findings are closed and recorded within the agreed time frame.
- Support the Safety Manager in terms of Safety Assurance covering the Safety Performance Monitoring & Measurement and Management of Change.
- Assists in establishing, updating and publishing safety manuals, policies, and procedures to counter threats and risks in accordance with local/International Government requirements. Reviews documents and updates the “Safety Management System” with changes to reflect safety core policies and practices.
- Supports team members in publishing the periodic safety regulations, directives, Newsletter, Alerts and Bulletins, and disseminating the same as appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge in line with industry practices; contributes to the team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Contributes to the effective performance and on-going development of the department by providing accurate and timely response to queries and emails in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office.
- Keeps abreast of current occupational legislation and requirements to ensure the workplace is in compliance with the same.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Organizational/Risk Management or equivalent from a recognized university or institute; Diploma or certificate in the related field combined with needed experience and exposure is acceptable
- Must have completed “Safety Management Systems” training.
- Must have completed “Aircraft Accident Investigation” training.
- Must have completed investigations/Interview techniques courses.
- Compliance, Audit and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value for this role, and some may be treated as conditional.
- Professional membership with associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel & Power Point.
- Skilled report writing is required to ensure that complex reports are properly and clearly described.
- Very good command over written and verbal communication skills..
- Very good in English Language.
- 4+ years’ of experience in the Airlines/Aviation industry; a minimum of 2 years in the “Safety Department” in a similar capacity is required for this role.
- Has decent knowledge and exposure to the Civil Aviation Authorities, particularly GCAA; familiar with all rules and regulations of GCAA pertaining to the Aviation Safety , policies, procedures, manuals, etc.
- Experienced in implementing and carrying out investigation procedures and audit checks.
- Experienced in implementation and maintenance of aviation related documentation and reports.
- Capable of designing, developing and delivering training programs and methodologies in the respective area of operation; basically “Safety Management Systems” training.
- Experienced in monitoring performance against safety policies, procedures and operating manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved standards.
- A balanced personality, composed, capable of dealing with threats and emergency cases with focus, analytical thinking, efficiency and commitment to successful safe results.
- Has working experience and exposure to Quality Assurance / Internal & External Audit practices and their effect on safety measures and standards.
- High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
- Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and decision making skills.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.