Cashier (Supermarket & Hypermarket)
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods.
Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
To provide efficient customer service to customers at the cash till, while processing all relevant cash and credit transactions correctly as per the standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for delivering effective customer service internally and externally as per defined standards at the cash till and to process all customer transactions such as cash, credit card, voucher and gift cards
- Become efficient in handling bills, foreign exchange currency transactions, cash discounts, vouchers, internal buys and staff buys
- Ensure the correct closing procedures for cash deposits and cash pickups are followed and report anomalies to the cash supervisor
- Attend and inform customers about products, promotions, offers, and plastic bag resale at the cash till
- Maintain the display of front-end counters during checkout down time
- Check the cash till for hygiene standards as per the checklist before and after signing in/off
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed as mentioned in the policy manuals
Required skills & Qualifications:
- At least intermediate or Graduate qualified
- Must be proficient to communicate in English
- Flexible, hardworking and positive attitude
- Sensible and pleasant in nature to deal with pressure