Data Protection Manager
|Hiring Organization||Nomura International Plc|
|Post Name||Data Protection Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 22 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC4R 3AB|
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates, and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The core purpose of the role is to assist the Nomura Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the wider Nomura EMEA Privacy Team in meeting the data protection and privacy requirements of the Nomura business under data protection and privacy legislation. You will report to the DPO, be part of the EMEA Privacy Team which is part of the wider Corporate Legal Team based in London, and will provide support in connection with a wide range of privacy and data protection-related issues arising out of the use of personal data by Nomura to ensure they meet both local (UK), EU and global legislative and regulatory requirements.
In keeping with Nomura’s new ways of working in EMEA, this role currently requires you to spend at least forty percent of the working week, working from Nomura’s London office.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Review and refresh data protection policies, procedures, and guidance, as well as being responsible for the privacy intranet
- Support in the review and update of Nomura’s records of processing
- Support for the business in the preparation of appropriate privacy notices
- Review of privacy assessments for use of vendors or third-party processing, as well as responsibility for privacy tasks in Nomura’s vendor management system
- Monitoring, assessment, and management of personal data breach management events reported to the Privacy team
- Dealing with and assisting the DPO with data subject rights requests
- Dealing with day-to-day privacy inquiries from the business, including advice on projects to ensure privacy by design is incorporated into new products, systems, and data processing activities.
- Support for a compliance program to address international data transfer requirements (including data transfer agreements and transfer risk assessments)
- Supporting the DPO and wider Privacy team in keeping the Nomura business up to date with key developments in data protection law
Skills, experience, qualifications, and knowledge required:
You must be able to demonstrate:
- your knowledge and experience of privacy and data protection issues, whether in a legal or industry sector context legal qualifications, and/or CIPP/E (or equivalent) qualifications will be desirable
- your ability to provide concise and practical advice in a busy environment
- Team player who is focused on consolidating the existing relationship of the Privacy Team with the other Legal teams and with other control functions and business teams
- Someone who can deliver and is keen to build on those skills to deliver robust and appropriate data protection advice and exercise sound judgment
- Someone who is keen to develop their knowledge of the ever-changing world of data protection
- Someone with experience working on complex change management initiatives across a geographically distributed organization, including in response to risk/regulatory compliance challenges
Right to Work
The UK Government has taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified rol
To apply for this job please visit nomuracareers.resourcesolutions.com.