Staff Data Wrangler
|Hiring Organization||Van Wall Equipment|
|Post Name||Staff Data Wrangler|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or equivalent quantitative fields or equivalent work experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 41 To USD 51 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere.
And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
As a Staff Data Wrangler at John Deere ISG, you will be generating actionable insights & reports to grow sales, personalize the customer experience, and make better & faster decisions. The position will be specifically focused on Precision Ag and will play a key role in developing monitoring, and reporting metrics for internal and external stakeholders.
In this role, you will be seen as an expert who can answer complex data & insights questions on Precision Ag and related fields. This role may provide work direction to junior-level Data Wranglers. In addition, you will:
- Extract and evaluate structured & unstructured data to support complex BI & data science development
- Leads the effort to close data quality gaps by working with business and engineering teams
- Identify process or data management changes and integration opportunities with other data groups.
- Create and support data visualizations, insightful reports, and complex dashboards
- Use analytical programming languages such as SQL, Python, Scala, and R, to create automated processes for data verification and analysis
Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of experience using advanced SQL
- 3 or more years of experience using a modern language (e.g. Python, Scala, or R) for data cleansing and wrangling, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience with Data Visualization tools and storytelling (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- 5 or more years of experience in data cleansing, data validation, and data analysis
- 3 or more years of experience in communicating analytics results to senior leadership and technical audiences with the ability to adapt the level of technical detail
What Makes You Stand Out
- Expertise in big data platforms and/or technologies such as Data Lake, Databricks, and AWS
- Hands-on experience in data mining, quantitative modeling, analysis, and data modeling.
- Understanding of Precision Ag technologies and their use.
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or equivalent quantitative fields or equivalent work experience
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box, and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution to the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use