Full Job Description
Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail environment – it’s an extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style reflect the customers’ lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can wear!
WHY WORK FOR SHOES?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- Tangible results of your hard work reflected in your paycheck… Work Hard- Make Good Money, Work Harder- Make GREAT Money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus potential.
- Great Store Environment
- Excellent Benefits
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
SALES ASSOCIATE – JOB DESCRIPTION
- Meet and exceed personal sales goal and standards of performance.
- Be aware of store sales goal.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Complete all point of sale functions as required.
- Complete all assigned tasks and responsibilities promptly.
- Perform all Operational/Loss Prevention procedures accurately according to policies.
- Maintain store appearance and stockroom organization.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to management
- Stay informed of current fashion trends.
- Complete all required training.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Prior retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 16 years of age. *
- Age requirement for part time employment may vary based on state.
Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental disability of otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or registered domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.