JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Scrum Master – Associate
Full Job Description
As a Scrum Master, you’ll act as a servant leader for your team(s) by facilitating clear communication to management and to the team. Our Scrum Masters are open, approachable, collaborative, and enjoy working with passionate people. They’re proactive in solving problems to help their team(s) succeed. The Scrum Master drives Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big, and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We’re excited to see what you’ll bring to our team.
- Works with the Product owner to align team with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
- Creates an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts
- Champions continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coaches teams to conduct continuous improvement events
- Seeks opportunities for improvement to the overall effectiveness of teams and the organization
- Communicates organizational impediments to leadership; clears impediments for the team
- Embraces the concept of continuous learning in your own journey and instills the same in the team(s) you coach
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity and adherence to core Agile values and principles
- Experience as a practicing Scrum Master on a team
- Exposure to modern engineering practices like Unit Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration
- A mindset of servant leadership
- An Agile mindset: “An attitude that equates failure and problems with opportunities for learning, a belief that we can all improve over time, that our abilities are not fixed but evolve with effort.” – Linda Rising
- Expert with Agile and Scrum framework and its application in Product Development and delivery organization
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels
- Sound understanding of Scaling framework such as LeSS
- Leverage skills from coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, and more to serve the team(s)
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs. We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements.
Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility.
These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.