Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
Jumeirah Beach Hotel is looking to recruit an experienced Hotel Manager with a strong background in the Food & Beverage stream for our flagship hotel in Dubai. This is a critical role, and an exciting time to join the hotel’s leadership team, due to a number of new openings and projects in the pipeline. Responsibilities are diverse in this expansive luxury resort and the successful candidate will be responsible for the below and more:
- Assist in the execution of the hotel’s business strategy to achieve goals set in the hotel’s Balance Scorecard.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections of the different hotel operations to ensure service excellence is consistently maintained.
- Verify the quality of the products used in the hotel operation on a regular basis.
- Take responsibility for the timely delivery of capital projects to ensure company assets are effectively maintained.
- Encourage and foster teamwork in order to share resources and best practice between departments.
- Ensure health, safety, hygiene and other relevant legislative obligations are fulfilled, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the hotel, guests and colleagues.
- Conduct or chair regular communication meetings with department heads and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Lead the operation in the absence of the General Manager when required.
- Act as Senior Manager on Duty for the hotel as scheduled.
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
- Ensure that each operation is accounted for separately as an individual profit operational budget strictly adhered to.
- Assist the Managing Director to prepare monthly forecasts, annual marketing plans, business review reports as needed.
- Stay up-to date with financial results (budget vs actual) in sales and cost areas and ensure that sales and profit are maximized.
- Control expenses and recommend and implement measures to control them.
- Maintain all hotel records and reports as prescribed by the company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure departmental meetings are well planned, result-oriented and produce effective outcomes.
- Ensure that an effective marketing approach is applied to all operations.
- Fully understand the market needs and desires for each operation and ensure that the relevant products are developed by the management team.
- Be available to meet with guests and help Department Heads deal with discerning or unsatisfied guests, responding to guest complaints in a timely and empathic manner.
- Closely monitor guest feedback, communicate feedback results and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist the Managing Director to recruit and select members of the management team who meet the Jumeirah profile and can deliver Jumeirah core competencies.
- Mentor / coach and provide learning and development opportunities for Department Heads and Managers and encourage them to take responsbility for their own development and growth.
- Manage performance of all direct reports in line with the company policy
- Actively support Jumeirah Emiratization strategy and ensure local colleagues are given opportunities to learn and grow.
The ideal candidate for will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience leading F&B as part of the career journey and a strong working knowledge of all hotel operations including Rooms and other functions.
- Experience with projects, new F&B concepts, successful launches.
- Management qualification from a recognized hotel school or internationally recognised university.
- Evidence of continuous professional and personal development activities.
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior management role in a luxyry 5-star hotel resort.
- Experience dealing with and fostering good relations with asset management or owner representatives.
- Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Working with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Combination of operational experience in both Rooms and Food & Beverage.
- Middle East experience.
- Resort experience.
- Proficiency in spoken and written business English.
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to manage large and diverse operations.
- Effective Communication Skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.edarabia.com.