Kirklees Council is advertising this role on behalf of St Winefride’s Catholic Primary School.
The role of the caretaker is a crucial role and essential to the smooth running of the school. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of the school and School Business Manager to ensure that pupils, staff, governors, and visitors are able to work in a welcoming, clean, and safe environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working in an estate management role
- Have good communication skills and a team player
- Be good at developing strong working relationships with employees, maintenance support agencies, and contractors
- Have attention to detail in every area of the role, especially in relation to ensuring the inside and outside of the site is free from rubbish and litter and is clean in all areas
- Have a strong Worth Ethic
- Have the enthusiasm to make a real difference and create an excellent learning environment for our children
- Be customer focused, polite, and helpful
- Have a can-do mentality
- Be flexible
- Have previous experience of managing a team
- Have a strong understanding of health and safety processes.
- Be driven to ensure a clean, safe working environment for children, staff, and visitors
- Have pride in your work and a desire to make a difference at St Winefride’s Catholic Primary School
As a Caretaker, you will on a daily basis:
- Ensure health and safety obligations are met and manage statutory compliance for the premises using the EVERY system
- Lock/Unlock the School and carry out security checks on the building
- Look after all hard and soft services facilities management including planned and reactive maintenance
- Lead the cleaning team to ensure the school remains clean, tidy, and always safe to be open.
- Ensure the Site is always clean and free from litter inside and outside
- Line manage your team to get outstanding results
- Undertake cleaning duties to support your team
- Provide maintenance and repairs on-site indoors and outdoors
- Monitor stock, order supplies and handle/move deliveries
- Manage the supply chain of cleaning products
- Contacting and Supporting contractors on site
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are achieved on a monthly or annual basis
- Build relationships, working closely with the School business manager and Head of school to ensure the school’s needs are met
- A dedicated and experienced staff team, supported by Governors and parents
- An opportunity to make a significant contribution to our ongoing improvements
- An opportunity to further professional development
- Access to excellent training and Guidance
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.