Labor Jobs Los Angeles
|Hiring Organization||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Post Title||Labor Jobs Los Angeles|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 2000 To USD 3000 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90095|
Under the direction of the Grounds Superintendent, perform a variety of manual unskilled duties to support the maintenance, repair, upkeep, and alteration of campus property. Work in cooperation with Grounds Equipment Operators and mechanics. Responsible for loading and unloading materials and supplies.
Excavation and backfilling of holes or pits, removal of concrete, asphalt, soil, rock gravel, soil shaping, or modeling of soil. Clean up, transport, and consolidate debris, general refuse, and litter pick-up. Weed, clear land, hand dig, bag sand, and clear and clean drains.
Care of associated equipment and tools. Make temporary repairs on roads, paths, walks, fences, or drains as directed. Performs other miscellaneous duties and basic functions in the routine maintenance or improvement of Campus property/grounds as assigned.
- Working knowledge of equipment and materials used by the various trades, e.g., pick, shovel, sledgehammer, and a variety of garden/yard tools.
- Ability to work as part of a team through close collaboration with colleagues.
- Skill in reading standard English text in order to follow through on written orders and carry out assignments.
- Communication and writing skills to obtain or convey the clear, concise, and grammatically correct information.
- Working knowledge of the standard trade-related safety practices and methods.
- Ability to stand, crawl, walk and stoop; push and pull objects up to 50 lbs.; and lift or lower objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in wet or humid weather, and in fluctuating and/or extreme temperatures. Ability to work under adverse situations and conditions, e.g., dirty, noisy, etc.
- Must possess California Driver’s License, Class 3, and ability to drive a University truck or other light vehicle in the course of duties.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends.
- Ability to skillfully operate a forklift and pallet jack in order to transport materials and equipment from loading sites to destination
Applicant applications & resumes will be reviewed immediately, and interviews will be scheduled ongoing while this position remains open. Please apply as soon as possible to receive full consideration