Lafarge Canada Inc
Why work for Lafarge?:
As the global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, we’re committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. At Lafarge Canada Inc., safety comes first, collaboration matters and diversity is celebrated with people who share our desire to continually make our materials better.
Do you have the drive, and the passion to join us?
The Squamish Lifestyle is a Force of its Own
Tucked between the mountains and the sea, Squamish offers a lifestyle that is unlike anywhere else. After work, Squamish residents can access some of the best biking and hiking trails on the West Coast or jump on their SUP or kiteboard while enjoying the breathtaking waters of the Howe Sound. Squamish is also known as one of the best places in the world for rock-climbing and winter brings more outdoor recreation with easy access to world renowned mountain resorts and backcountry skiing.
Beyond the outdoors, Squamish is brimming with growth, making it an increasingly attractive place to live and work. Squamish has it all; indoor recreation activities, an eclectic shopping scene, vibrant arts & culture, craft breweries, fine dining and international cuisine. Squamish has seen strong growth in population resulting in an increase to services and amenities; a small town feel with big town services. Community spirit is strong in Squamish; a special feeling of belonging exists and there is no shortage of community events, classes and causes for those looking to get involved. With the combination of Squamish’s amazing location, infrastructure, young educated residents and outdoor lifestyle, there is no better place to live, work and play.
The Labourer is an unskilled position which involves extensive physical labour at the Mamquam River Pit aggregate processing plant. Candidate for this position must be physically fit and have an interest and willingness to learn new skills in an active mining setting.
- This position required candidate to possess a valid driver’s license, Level 1 Occupational First Aid or equivalent, WHIMIS and/or any other certifications deemed necessary for operations under the C. Mines Act and the Mine Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in British Columbia.
- Responsible for assisting in the daily checks required for operation of crushing/washing conveyance gallery.
- Responsible for keeping grounds maintained and free of waste material, garbage and scrap metal and crushing and washing spread during daily operations.
- Must be able to read, write, verbally communicate and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must be able to verbally communicate directly with supervisors, co-workers and customers; using radio and/or telephone equipment.
- Must be able to take direction, follow instructions, have the ability to work with others, and have an acute attention to details.
- Must possess a valid driver`s license
- Must maintain an on-time attendance work record and safe completion of scheduling shifts.
Education and Experience
- Experience an asset but not essential
- Completion of company training programs (incl. OFA Level 1 and WHIMIS) and any other ticketing/certifications required under the Mines Code.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be exposed to extensive moderate to heavy manual labour for prolonged periods of time. This will include ongoing maintenance and cleaning of working area. Labourer will be required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. Ability to climb ladders is necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include acute central and peripheral vision as well as depth and color perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employer will be exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high. Dusty working conditions could also necessitate the need for a respirator to be worn. Employee can expect a variety of tasks in a high paced working environment for the duration of shift.
As part of our dedicated focus on the health and safety of all employees, a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing and a criminal record check, may be required.
As we are reinventing the way the world builds, we need world-class talent to join our Lafarge Canada team: people who are passionate, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Whatever you do, you will make a difference here. Because we know that your passion and curiosity are the natural resources the world needs.
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Lafarge is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages the applications from women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.