Lake La Biche County
Economic Development & Tourism Coordinator
Full Job Description
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & TOURISM COORDINATOR
Lac La Biche County is an organization driven by principles surrounding Excellence, Communication, Safety and Wellness, Collaboration, and Environmental Sustainability. Our employees enjoy the charm of working in the Lakeland Region, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city while still being able to enjoy a diverse, fast paced and fulfilling work environment. Our community is known to be one of the most diverse and unique communities in Alberta. Not only is it rich in history and culture, but it is also surrounded by forests, parks, lakes, and golden sand beaches!
We continuously strive to remain an employer of choice by offering a strong health and safety program, competitive pay, amazing benefits, opportunities for professional development, as well as many wellness initiatives that support a work/life balance. We also take pride in maintaining high standards surrounding equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace.
Purpose of the position
The position will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Communicating and building relations with community members, stakeholders, administration, and council (including presenting, corresponding, and creating promotional material).
- Attending events, conferences, trade shows, and meetings related to economic development & tourism.
- Analyzing, organizing, and presenting pertinent statistical data.
- Coordinating and overseeing projects and activities related to business attraction and retention.
- Developing and implementing programs and activities from the Tourism Strategy and Visitor Friendly Study in alignment with the Economic Development Strategy.
- Other duties as required.
Want to be a part of our County team?
To be successful in this position, you will come with:
- A University Degree in Commerce, Economics, or Marketing with 3yrs of practical experience.
- a combination of certification (CEcD or EcD) and proven experience of over seven years is also considered.
- Proficient knowledge of economic development theories and practices.
- Strong understanding of business, business planning, and financial outlooks.
- Policy and program development skills are essential.
- Strong communication, networking, relationship building, and presentation skills.
- Previous municipal/government experience would be an asset.
- Successful candidate must provide a Driver’s Abstract and a Criminal Record Check that meets the satisfaction of the County.
If this sounds like you, please proceed with your application!
- Salary range is: $78,660.40 – $101,865.40 annually
- Plus: 3weeks vacation, a comprehensive health & dental benefits program (100% employer paid) and participation in the LAPP pension plan.
- Full-time permanent position: Monday-Friday (evening & weekend work may be required)
Candidates from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same classification level within the next 6 months.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.