Legal Jobs Wellington
|Hiring Organization||Department of Internal Affairs – Head Office|
|Post Name||Legal and Insurance Lead|
|Qualification||A relevant degree in either commerce or law|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 46 Per Hour|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand 6011|
We’re transforming Aotearoa’s water sector.
Join us, and transform your career
Safe, reliable, and affordable drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater underpin the health and wellbeing of our communities. Large-scale, once-in-a-lifetime reform is needed to ensure Aotearoa’s precious water resource is effectively managed and protected today, and for future generations.
Join us as we embark on Aotearoa’s largest transformational reform program, Three Waters.
The scale of the Three Waters reform program means you’ll be exposed to challenging, diverse and complex projects. Simply put, the knowledge and experience you’ll gain will have the power to transform your career.
The work is ground-breaking, vital, and incredibly visible both within Government and in the wider community. You’ll know what you’re doing matters – it’s meaningful and will make a real difference to the economic, health, and social wellbeing of New Zealanders for years to come.
Right now, we’re seeking a talented Legal and Insurance Lead to join us.
The Legal and Insurance Lead forms part of the Finance and Commercial leadership team. You will be responsible for ensuring all legal and commercial risks in the establishment of the new water service entities, and the transfer of assets from the local authorities to these new entities is appropriately managed.
This role also has an insurance function, which will see you developing an insurance strategy for the water service entities, and ensuring the entities are appropriately insured at the establishment.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience working across a complex, highly political program
- In-depth previous experience with large commercial transactions, including due diligence processes, and mergers or transfers of assets, functions, or corporate entities
- Sourcing and overseeing contract and/or third-party legal resources to provide advice, and to complete the legal documentation to enact
- Commercial agreements
- Asset title transfers
- Resource consent transfers
- Capital raising transactions
- Experience working with, or within local government, ideally in a legal role
- A relevant degree in either commerce or law