Medical Laboratory Assistant
Full Job Description
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
Looking for an interesting job where you can make a difference? Look no further. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients.
LifeLabs is currently looking for a Medical Laboratory Assistant to join our team in Toronto, Ontario.
As a Medical Laboratory Assistant you will play a key role in the testing and diagnostic process for a wide range of patients. This is a Part Time role with shifts may vary and Must be able to work afternoons, overnights and weekends. . LifeLabs also provides first aid training, continuing education opportunities, and excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
In this role you will:
- Unpack and sort a wide variety of incoming specimens received from sources including physicians, clinics, hospitals, and mobile LifeLabs technicians.
- Confirm the accuracy of all patient information on requisitions and specimen samples, resolve any problems or inaccuracies prior to testing, and perform required data entry.
- Prepare and sort specimens for technical analysis.
- Train and orient new team members.
- Perform weekly and monthly maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Conduct all work in full compliance with all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations.
The right person for this role is an organized and detail-oriented individual with good problem solving and customer service skills. Some key qualities include: flexibility, accountability, and attention to detail. Other requirements include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a variety of tasks throughout the day.
- Data entry and computer skills.
- Prior experience in laboratory operations or medical terminology an asset.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Must be able to drive.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
Five Technical Elements:
1. Strong data entry skills and accuracy, greater than 45 wpm.
2. Specimen management experience.
3. Good communication skills.
Internal and External
4. Effective troubleshooting and resolution of specimen management issues.
5. Ability to work in a fast paced environment on a variety of tasks.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team, and can live these values with us every day.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.