We are a British manufacturer supplying our merchant customers for over 50 years. We manufacture and supply sustainable building products from ground level right up to the roof ridge, from our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in East Yorkshire.
Our customer focus is based on quality, and next-day service, and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our business over the last five years. We strive to continually expand our product portfolio to offer our merchant customers a one-stop shop and become the preferred supplier of choice across a wide range of product categories.
We are currently recruiting for Area Sales Manager to join our external Sales Team. This is a home-based role covering the South West region.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience selling building or roofing products; however, we would consider an experienced person from a merchant looking for their first role in external sales.
They will be directly responsible for the effective day-to-day management and sales development of customers and relationships in their area through consistent and effective communication with both builders and roofing merchants.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Be accountable for developing and implementing an Area Business Plan in conjunction with their RSM, which will mirror the company’s overall Commercial Strategy.
- Develop and deliver first-class business relationships that increase selling opportunities and capability at all levels.
- To ensure consistent and first-class standards of operation are adhered to at all times (including, call plans, CRM reporting, quotes, and pricing, etc.)
- To continually review sales data in order to support commercial activity and identify customer and product opportunities.
- Identify and develop effective and mutually beneficial relationships with groundworkers, brickwork contractors, roofing contractors and dry-lining contractors.
- Identify and develop effective and mutually beneficial relationships with Developers at both local and regional levels.
- Visit Developer sites to understand current specifications and opportunities for the Timloc product range.
- Ensure customers are fully aware of existing and new products contained within the Timloc product range.
- Offer onsite training to contractors and merchant teams
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Strong formal and informal presentation skills.
- Effective written and face-to-face communication skills.
- Negotiation and account management skills.
- Effective time management
- Good business acumen.
- Highly self-motivated with strong resilience.
- Good understanding of the general builder/roofing merchant sector and associated product knowledge.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office
Salary and Benefits
Up to £45,000
The potential bonus of up to 25% is based on company targets.
Fully expensed Company Vehicle
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.