The Maintenance Carpenter is responsible for maintaining the building interior walls, flooring, ceiling, all entry doors, fitting room hardware, fixture drawers, hinges, etc. Responsible for maintaining or reporting problems with exterior flatwork, roof and roof drains. Candidate will be required to perform duties in more than one facility. Perform other duties as necessary.
- Install, maintain, and repair: walls, flooring, ceilings, fixtures, doors, hardware, and repair laminate.
- Perform repair and preventative maintenance as required on building interior.
- Utilize Work Order System for assignment of repair work orders as well as preventative maintenance actions.
- Ensure systems remain in compliance with local codes.
- Regular use of power tools and handling and lifting of heavy and/or bulky items. The ability to work safely around customers and employees.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to work without direct daily direct supervision.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the People Leader.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with established work standards and safety guidelines.
- Assist with all aspects of maintenance and repair within assigned facilities including on call availability.
- Dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education Required
- 5+ years direct experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Must be able to respond to after-hours and weekend calls (24/7).
- Must possess the ability to prioritize work, to negotiate maintenance and repair workload with store management’s requests while working within the limitations of
- Facilities budget and structure.
- Must possess valid driver license.
- May support one or more locations, and regularly travel between stores/buildings.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lb
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.