Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Director of Finance
As the Director of Finance, you will provide continuous leadership and guidance in all matters relating to the financial operation of the hotel by developing and delivering accurate and timely financial reports to assist the management decision-making process, maintaining acceptable internal control procedures designed to safeguard owners/investors assets, and ensures compliance with all country and local regulations. Additional responsibilities include staffing, training, and scheduling of employees; planning organizing, directing, and coordinating all department activities to ensure efficient financial operations.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for the following:
- Direct, manage and support the development, implementation, maintenance, and administration of all financial controls and accounting procedures, based upon maximization of internal control techniques consistent with MOHG and, established policy and generally accepted accounting principles, as adapted to any local legal requirements.
- Actively involved in the search for opportunities to improve the profitability of the hotel and encourage the preparation of exception reports and analyses to help meet and measure the success of this objective.
- Manage/oversee the accounting department to ensure optimal efficiency of financial operations and adherence to MOHG’s commitments to management contracts.
- Supervises preparation of all financial reports, ledger reviews, and forecasts according to the established schedule, for the distribution of operational information necessary to assist management in decision-making and budget preparation processes.
- Oversees preparation of, interprets, and analyzes monthly financial statements and presents them to management.
- Monitors revenues/expenses and ensure accurate recording of information to MOHG’s established guidelines.
- To ensure compliance to the terms and conditions of the hotel’s management contract, with particular regard to provisions relating to the company’s responsibilities as the managers and bringing any discrepancies to the immediate attention of the General Manager and MOHG corporate management.
- Compiles financial data related to operations, investigate and critique variances from expectations to determine the cause, and recommend appropriate management response to insure attainment of hotel’s financial objective.
- Establishes and oversees /audits all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, receipts, disbursements, expendable/fixed asset inventories, payroll and employee records to ensure policies are enforced according to MOHG’s standards and local law.
- Assume full responsibility for the proper control of all cash funds and other assets for subordinates. Directs cash management activities to ensure the proper use and timely availability of funds.
- Seek digital solutions where possible to make the overall accounting procedures more effective and efficient while following MOHG guidelines.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive Financial Controller Experience in Hospitality Accounting operations, a portion of which must be in the luxury sector. Experience in Luxury Hotels preferred.
- Financial certification.
- Ability and proven experience to generate all financial reports, including profit & loss statements, income statements, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English and Vietnamese.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to assemble, analyze, and understand integrated spreadsheets and complex technical information.
- Prioritization skills are necessary to meet deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Effective management, leadership, organizational, and communications skills.
- Proficiency in systems such as Opera, Sun, Delphi, Hyperion, and Micros System preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.