Marriott International, Inc
Human Resources Officer
To provide a comprehensive, confidential Human Resource service to the hotel to support achievement of the business goals and strategies whilst developing and maintaining positive internal and external customer relationships with Associates and Managers.
A supervisory role responsible for managing the Talent Acquisition for administrative departments of including the full life cycle of recruiting, driving the attraction, development and retention of diverse high caliber talent as well as leading the payroll operations including creating new joiner profiles, change of status, payroll inputs and working closely with Paymaster to ensure smooth payroll closure each month.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 1
- Titles of Direct Reports – Human Resources Generalist;
- Experience in handling and managing recruitment operations.
- Hospitality/hotel experience desirable
- Experience in managing a direct report and delegating their tasks
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good public speaking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pro-active and reliable
- Time Management
- Multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills (MS Office, social media tools)
Education or Certification
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Manages the full life cycle of the recruitment and selection process for the property ensuring the Global Recruitment System (GRS) is fully leveraged to source, identify, screen, interview and select diverse high caliber talent. Specifically relates to non-management recruiting.
- Uses creative and non-traditional talent sourcing strategies and best practices to identify top talent, while ensuring compliance with internal recruiting systems.
- Supports the operation of recruiting events to help establish staff for hotel(s).
- Coordinates the onboarding process for all new hires and task force, liaising with HR Operations and the Government Relations / Protocol departments to ensure flight tickets, housing and visa are arranged in good time and in line with budget/forecasting controls.
- Works with hiring managers on open non-management roles, to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Day-to-day accountability for ensuring the property’s selection and interviewing process is in line with Company standards and geared to focus on quality of hire.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Creates engaging and creative advertisements of open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Follows property interview guidelines and ensures a consistent screening criterion is used.
- Monitors and supports the selection/non-selection and offer processes to verify proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection, applicants receive status notifications).
- Works with Government Relations team on visa processes for associates and staying up to date with changes and challenges in accordance with Dubai and UAE law.
- Responsible for creating new joiner profiles on Oasys
- Managing the leaves approval and approval metrics for all departments.
- Assisting on preparing payroll reports
- Managing the onboarding list and updating all new joiner details and change of status.
- Assists with regular communication of all Associate Benefits on properties.
- Provides a sounding board for associates who may need to discuss personal issues, and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with the organization of any associate events.
- Ensures that all leavers complete an exit interview and that details are compiled to assist the hotel retention strategy.
- Assists with any process administration and the collation of data for relevant reports.
- Assists, where necessary, with PeopleSoft data maintenance and tracking.
- Support with the administration of any payroll of HR information though Oracle (or relevant system)
- Preparing documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Filing and forward tracing a variety of documents, appointments etc.
- Maintaining, collating and distributing all relevant activity reports.
- Communicating with property associates to provide information and resolving challenges on behalf of those she/he reports to.
- Coordinates monthly financial reporting, specifically related to Forecast and P&L, with guidance from Talent Development leadership team and DHR.
- Implementation of analytics, and metrics to measure the success and effectiveness of TA and L&D – communication of these to management.
- Assisting with Human Resources Operations where needed, including but not limited to Employee Relations meetings and Exit Interviews.
- Compliance and adherence to all hotel job aids, Marriott SOPs and UAE law and regulations.
- Assists with HR/Talent administration tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the department.
- Performs other duties as reasonably requested by line manager and senior leaders.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.