Investment Planning Counsel
Financial Planning Analyst
|Hiring Organization||Investment Planning Counsel|
|Post Name||Financial Planning Analyst|
|Qualification||Business Degree and/or CPA, MBA|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 40 To CAD 45 Per Hour|
Investment Planning Counsel (IPC) is one of the fastest-growing independent wealth management companies in Canada. We are a diverse group of people all driven towards one goal: helping advisors build a better business through a remarkable client experience. We are proud to be recognized as one of the by Mediacorp Canada Inc. for empowering our teams with the resources to thrive in a collaborative environment, where wellness is at the forefront.
With your background, skills, and experience you’ve already found success in the wealth management industry. Have you found your ideal firm, one that encourages you to pursue a balanced lifestyle as well as professional success? As part of our Business Planning & Performance team, the Financial Planning Analyst assists with the annual plan, forecasts, and long-term planning initiatives. This includes P&L statements, revenue models, capital and project planning, sales, and margin analysis.
WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF WINNERS!
What does the role entail?
- Supports the development of business plans and forecasts, including proforma financials and profitability analysis
- Maintains and updates existing models and supporting databases to ensure data is up to date, relevant, and reconciling between various data sources
- Supports the development and maintenance of analytics that provide insights into the profitability of the different product and business lines
- Manages the creation, automation, and continuous improvement of reports for various audiences including Senior Management and the Board of Directors
- Utilizes extensively a variety of analytical tools including Excel, VBA, Power Query, and SQL for data manipulation, analysis, and reporting to derive actionable insights that drive business KPIs
- Maintains and continuously develops business planning database, documents the development, usage, and work across business units to refine the database and create customized reports
- Assists with monthly reporting, forecasting, and analysis of assets under advisement and assets under management and of spending versus plan and proper forecasting of changes to plan
- Provides Financial and Dashboard Reporting including support for the production of KPIs
- Improves and/or develops models that support the planning process and are easy to use and update
- Works on validation of non-financial data loaded in SAP BW data structures build BEx queries and SAP BO reports to support sales performance reporting and business analytics for various audiences
- Supports strategic projects that are outside the day-to-day responsibilities as needed:
- Track the performance of strategic initiatives against the business case at the implementation phase
- Ad hoc analysis as directed by business requirements and executive management
What are the qualifications?
- Business degree and/or CPA, MBA
- 2+ years of progressive experience within the financial services industry contributing to a Business Planning/Reporting role
- Advanced financial and business modeling skills including expert proficiency in MS Excel, VBA, Power Query, Power Pivot, and MS PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SQL, Python, and Power BI is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of accounting, statistics, and corporate finance and proven analytical and problem-solving skills
What traits and competencies should you possess?
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent skill of abstraction; ability to decompose a problem and understand the end-user when designing reports incorporating actionable items
- Ability to use sound judgment when preparing reports and analysis
- Genuine interest and passion for working with numbers
- Exceptional capability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines on an ongoing basis
- Strong attention to detail
What is #lifeatIPC?
- Awesome support in providing industry-leading training to help you succeed in your role
- Awesome community involvement opportunities through IPC Cares
- Awesome perks: benefits that fit your needs, pension, share purchase plan, corporate discount plans, social events, summer hours, and fun
- Awesome recognition: kudos, all-star program, rising star, and the circle of excellence
- Awesome Leadership teams that know your name
To apply for this job please visit www.ipcc.ca.