Senior Manager, Quality Program and Patient Services
|Hiring Organization||Sinai Health|
|Post Name||Senior Manager, Quality Program and Patient Services|
|Qualification||A Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant discipline (e.g. MBA, MHA) preferred|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 50 To CAD 55 Per Hour|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4B 1B3|
Sinai Health is a leading academic health science center and a trailblazer for integrated care across the health continuum. Our fusion of science, innovation, care, and learning has earned us international, national, and provincial leadership for unique programs and compassionate care. Comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital, the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute, and our system partner Circle of Care, Sinai Health discovers and translates scientific breakthroughs, pushes boundaries for health solutions, and educates future clinical and scientific leaders.
Sinai Health is fully committed to a culture of belonging and an inclusive environment that attracts and retains a diverse workforce, at all levels of the organization, that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and those from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Sinai Health, we care, create possibilities, and offer hope. Sinai Health is looking for a focused and results-oriented Senior Manager, Quality Program and Patient Services to support our Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Department at our Mount Sinai Hospital Campus.
Reporting to the Administrative Director, the Senior Manager provides leadership for the department’s Quality Program and oversight to maintain compliance with all laboratory accreditation and regulatory standards and alignment with Sinai’s quality and safety practices and standards.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the overall operations of Patient Services, the allocation of human resources to optimize workflow and service in multiple sites, and the provision of excellent patient care. The Senior Manager works in collaboration with the whole PLM Senior Management team, and Medical and Scientific staff to achieve short and long-term goals of the department and lead by example to promote teamwork and a wholesome working environment.
- Provide leadership for the department’s quality program – the overall quality systems and associated activities
- Along with the department Senior Management, help establish department quality goals aligned with organizational priorities
- Lead quality activities to monitor departmental goals & objectives, conformance with accreditation, regulatory and professional standards.
- Facilitate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of quality management systems (QMS) through the use of quality indicators and through internal audits and mock inspections.
- Lead the QMS Committee to ensure the implementation of Accreditation Canada Diagnostics, ISO 15189/9000, Health Canada, CAP, and Accreditation Canada Q Mentum standards.
- Serve as the department’s main contact and resource for laboratory inspections (both internal & external) and hospital accreditation visits.
- Provide oversight of the annual internal audits and appropriate corrective actions and follow-up activities as required by accreditation standards
- Serves as the resource in the interpretation of the intent of regulatory requirements and good laboratory practices.
- Responsible for the QMS manual in Paradigm, its update, and maintenance as required by accreditation standards
- Conduct and provide an annual review and evaluation of QMS activities on behalf of senior lab management to ensure the effectiveness of the program as well as identify gaps with compliance and ensure they are resolved.
- Provide immediate attention to senior lab management and medical section head for all types of risk management concerns and to the hospital Risk Management Office as necessary.
- Maintain records of all documentation related to occurrence/incidence management in the Paradigm system and provide statistical data as required.
- With senior lab management, prepare and conduct client satisfaction surveys
- Serve as a resource for Quality Systems for clients (e.g. WCH, MSS) per contracts
- Direct supervision of quality office staff, performance, and attendance management
Patient Services Operations Management:
- Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of out-patient phlebotomy and specimen collection services
- Provide guidance and direction to staff on specimen handling, transport, and processing
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring of service delivery through established wait times and patient satisfaction surveys
- Seek and implement continuous process improvement to ensure client and staff satisfaction
- Investigate service complaints, implement corrective actions and monitor the effectiveness of the corrective actions
- Liaise with ambulatory physicians and clinical staff to address any issue and to develop and implement continuous improvement processes to better the service, e.g. hours of service
- Recruit, develop and provide direct supervision of Patient Services staff; complete performance appraisals and attendance management
- Develop and implement orientation and training programs for new employees as well as competency and re-training programs as required
- Continually monitor staffing schedule to ensure staffing to workload ratio is met to meet patient and service needs
- Prepare the annual operating budget of the Specimen Procurement cost center with the Administrative Director’s approval
- Monitor overtime, sick time, and supplies expense regularly to meet budget targets
- Ensure the ability of the Lead hand Technician to direct efficient patient flow at each site
Collaborative Partnerships (internal/external):
- Support the department senior management team on operational needs as needed
- Serve on departmental or hospital committees to promote and represent PLM as required
- Serve on external committees to promote and represent MSH and PLM as requested
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers of PLM
- Coordinate in-service education to clinical users as and when indicated.
- Consults with key stakeholders/customers prior to implementing major service changes that would impact the user.
- Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant discipline (e.g. MBA, MHA) preferred.
- Active Registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Certification in Quality Management and/or Assessor for Accreditation programs (ACD, CAP)
- Minimum of 5 years of management/supervisory experience in the clinical laboratory or health-related field
- Proven success in a leadership role, with demonstrated ability to apply leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to the work environment
- Extensive knowledge of accreditation, licensing, and regulatory requirements
- Experience with Risk Management (Patient and staff safety) and unionized environments with negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Proven excellent customer service, interpersonal/inter-professional, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, and with multitasking and time management skills
To apply for this job please visit www.mountsinai.on.ca.