Welding Engineering Tech
Responsible and accountable for preparing welder certificates based on the qualification, maintaining welder master list, preparing PQR packages, raising requisitions for welding consumables and other welding engineering related items such as work orders, invoice review; providing work done not invoiced information. Administration of Databases & SharePoint sites .
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Documentation of all welding engineering documents, i.e. PQR, WPS, Welders Qualification Certificates, Welding Execution plan, Method
- Statements, etc. and other project related documents.
- Prepares weld maps and other QAQC related drawings utilizing CAD application.
- PCM input on welder’s qualification module.
- Responsible for administration of the following QAQC & Welding Engineering SharePoint sites & databases as follows:
- Welding engineering SharePoint site.
- Welding Technology Council global site.
- Marine Welders Qualification Database.
- Preparing & Maintaining the yard welders qualifications certificates & Job Clearance Card (JCC).
- Issuing the list of welder’s qualification renewal and valid qualifications on monthly basis on all production sites.
- Preparing purchase requisitions for welding consumables, ACE Welding equipment’s, other dept requirements on advise of welding engineers, etc.
- Preparing & Maintaining the Lab & Third party Invoice & MCC’s
- Preparing third party (TUV) invoice summary of every end of month.
- Liaise with welding engineers and QAQC personnel regarding the documentation aspects of the projects
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- 8+ years technical or relevant experience
- Bachelor’s is preferred however experience in lieu is acceptable
- Significant experience in rigid pipeline production materials engineering
- Conversant with the ECA process for Girth Welds in pipelines
- Experience of engaging with multi-functional / discipline teams
- Communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of CAD drafting software
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct.
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important.
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions.
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being.
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.